Chapter 7

Published: 10/28/2015; Wednesday; 9:32am; Unedited

I blinked, looking up at the sky as rain poured down, chilling me down to my virtual body.

"What did I do?" I whispered to my myself, to the trees, the grass.

I slipped down to the ground, my tears mixing with the rain, and stared into the void of this world.

"Mue?! Where are you?! Mue!" I heard sprinting steps and the someone came into view, kneeling and shaking me by my shoulders. "Mue...Mue! Are you okay?!"

"No...no, Yuu, I'm not okay," I finally choked out a sob. "How can I be okay with a broken heart?"

I jolted awake, sitting up immediately, staring dazedly at the field of green before me. Everything felt numb, I felt numb. Then the warm wetness in my cheeks made me reach my hand up and feel it.

I was crying.

Well, I was shedding tears more than I was crying. But why was I crying? What was I dreaming about?

"Mue?" I looked over to my right, Kirito was walking over, looking at the field as he did so. He then looked over at me, freezing, eyes widening.

"Ah..."

I still had tears.

I scratched my cheek, "I know this looks weird, but I woke up crying. Not sure why though..."

"...but you're okay?"

How can I be okay with a broken heart?

I blinked.

"Well, emotionally and physically? Yes. Mentally, I suppose not." I wiped the tears, "...I have not gone soft, Kirito." He flinched an I rolled my eyes at his reaction. "No I can't read your mind, you're just very easy to read."

"You're scaring be me now."

This time I let out a small laugh, "Good."

"...Mue, I don't many friends...you were first to actually accept me as a Beater--"

"You forget I'm a Beater too, don't you?" I added. He frowned and nodded. Wait? He actually forgot?!

"...and I..." He struggled for the words, "trust you." I nodded slowly.

I knew now he has trying to tell me something very serious. Trust in this game was now like blindly giving away your life. It is not just given, trust, it's earned.

"I need to show you something...I was going through my skills and...I found this." He took out his skill list and I scooted closer to see at what he was pointing at. My eyes widened at what I saw and my mouth dropped open slightly.

What the hell?!

~*~*~*~*~

I was in an uncomfortable situation, but I was handling it better than Asuna. We're walking and fighting what'd monsters are in the way, looking for the boss room. Of course Kirito left out the fact that Asuna was coming, but I'm guessing it was the same with her because we were both pleasantly surprised.

We had found the boss room, Asuna and Kirito decided to take a peek, I stayed a little farther away, looking from behind them curiously as the doors crept open.

Inside was something that sent chills through my being.

So we decided to go back, fine with having a map to the boss room to publish it to the rest of the people in the game. We're eating currently, me packing my own lunch, apparently Asuna brought Kirito food, which had surprised me. I knew they were on good terms and close, but I never knew how much.