Part 2: The LA Rule

It's not until nearly one in the morning when they hear the others arrive back, but they miss their cue to get situated and without warning, the bedroom door flies open and a drunk Tyler Oakley walks in. Instantly, Troye jolts the duvet up to his chest as Connor quickly dips under to take cover, attempting to flatten himself against the smaller boy as much as possible.

"HEY!" Shouts an oblivious Tyler, "We're back! How are you feel - OH MY GOD BABE?!" Tyler's voice hiccups and his face is the color of a tomato as he trips over his own feet, taking in the view in front of him. Tyler's voice drops an octave lower, "Were you jerking off?"

Troye looks like a deer caught in headlights, "Uhh..."

"Nope! Nope!" Tyler hastily shakes his finger at him, "It's none of my business, you don't need to give me an explanation. I just need to get my drop of pants and a change of eyes," Tyler pauses, blinks several times, and tries again, "I need my eye drops and a change of pants and I'll be out of your hair."

"Okay," Troye squeaks as he watches Tyler walk over to his destroyed luggage.

"What the fuck?!"

Troye screws his eyes shut and prays Tyler doesn't notice the two empty condom packets on the floor or any underwear that isn't his, "Sorry...I needed lube."

"Is this just how you handle stress or - "

"I'd rather not discuss this right now, Tyler," Troye grits through his teeth.

"Right, right...I'm sorry," he turns to walk out, but when he reaches the door he turns back around, "Where's Con? I thought he was here with you. Did he go somewhere?"

"No fucking clue," Troye grits again, feeling a slight vibration on his belly from Connor failing to hold back laughter.

"That's strange, he doesn't just take off like that."

"Yeah, well, he's definitely not here. In this room. Right now. At all," Troye squeaks feeling more and more antsy, clutching the duvet so tightly his hands shake.

"Alright, I'm going to leave you to...finish. Lock the door next time, damn! Have fun," he adds with a wink and then locks and closes the door. Troye relaxes in relief and lies back down while Connor throws back the duvet.

"Do you think he knew I was here?!" He asks, eyes wide with concern.

"I don't think so, he's still pretty drunk."

"What do we do now?" They quickly concoct a plan for Troye to get whoever is home to hang out on the balcony, giving way for Connor to leave and come back into the apartment inconspicuously. Troye's only question is to what he should use as an excuse to get everyone's attention, "That's up to you, but I think you know what you should talk to them about," says Connor.

The weight of the situation then hits both of them in full force, and they don't say it but all of a sudden they feel incredibly self-conscious sitting naked in front of each other. Without another word, they get up facing away from one another, and quietly begin to dress themselves. Troye finishes dressing first and turns back around to look around the room. Between the sight of rumpled sheets, slight scratch marks the headboard left on the wall, Tyler's luggage, and the boy in front of him putting his pants back on, panic starts to build in Troye. His breathing elevates as he covers his mouth with both hands, trying his best to keep calm. When he's fully dressed, Connor turns around and immediately notices Troye's wild eyes.

"Troye?"

The younger boy puts his hands down, closing his eyes, trying his best to steady his breathing, "What did we just do?" Panic only rises up even more when Connor just stands there, also dumbfounded now that he too is taking it all in, "I've been single for like five hours or something and we just...I don't...I'm not...," Troye pauses to breathe as he stares at his feet, his thoughts running in too many directions, "I just lost Ryan...I don't want - I don't -"