Worried - Chapter Five

-Athena-

"Cameron...I know your in there. I've been asking where you went. They say be patient and I'm trying to. I'm waiting for you. Can you please just let me in?" I ask in a sing song voice. I'm standing under her window. You are probably wondering how I got here, standing under her window in my Captain America pajamas and singing. Well...

~A few hours earlier~

After Cameron abruptly left I looked at the clock on the kitchen wall. It read 4:30. Though I'm tired I realize it's way to early to go to sleep. "To the kitchen I go." I mutter to myself.

When I enter the kitchen I pull out my phone. Once I connect to the speakers we have throughout my house I hit shuffle on my music. Worth it by Fifth Harmony starts to blare. I start to dance as I walk to my pantry. "Baby I'm worth it!" I sing as I pull out a bag of popcorn.

While the popcorn is popping I go over to my fridge and pull out a Dr. Pepper. Once the popcorn is ready I shut off my music. I settle into my couch and grab my laptop, once again getting into Netflix.

~ 5 hours later~

A yawn escapes my lips as I stretch, my back popping. I had just finished the 7th season of Supernatural. The clock on my laptop reads 9:30 pm. I guess I should go to sleep.

I grab my phone and laptop go up the stairs to my room. As I walk down the hallway, I pass the door to my parents' bedroom/office. Sometimes, I wish that I could hear the tapping of the keyboard from in there. But then again, I don't. Even when they are home, they aren't really... home. Sometimes I think they only had me for science.

After changing into my Captain America pajamas, I turn off my light and settle into bed.

For some reason, something is really bothering me. I think back to how I heard the anger of the man on the other end of her phone. It was probably her father. His anger was just crackling through the phone. I sit up, thinking about the fear that I saw, that she was trying so hard to hide. I wonder if it's more that just his anger that scares her.

I wonder if he hurts her.

This thought makes me very anxious to go see her. I climb out of bed, not even bothering to change out of my pajamas. There isn't any time to.

I run outside and down the road, taking about 25 minutes to get to her front door. When I reach it, I take a deep breaths, okay more than one deep breath, and knock on the bark paneling of wood.

I hear shuffling inside the house, then the door opens to a woman I assume is her mother. She has dark blonde hair and Cameron's translucent blue eyes. She's tall, but I can tell that something is bothering her back because she's slouching slightly. Her eyes look at me in surprise. "Can I help you?" She asks, and I flash her a smile.

"Can I see Cameron?"

"Wha... It's ten at night... Who are you?" She asks, quieting her voice so that... I guess so he won't hear her. Maybe her back isn't hurt because she slept wrong.

"I'm the friend that Cameron was talking about. We have a project together at school, that's why she was over. Can I see her?" Then, I lean closer, lowering my voice to a whisper. "I'm worried about her."

Doubt creeps into the woman's eyes, but not because of me. "I don't want him to see you." She says doubtfully, and I quickly snag the chance I have to see Cameron.

"Don't worry." I chime happily. "I'll use the window."