Changes - Chapter One

~Athena~

(Trigger Warning)

     "Come on you dumb little girl! Get up!" The blank faces yell, taunting me. I struggle to get to my feet, the bruises on my knees protesting at the movement.

    "Aww look, the spaz's knees are shaking." Another blank face sneers. I feel a force push me, and I slam into the lockers. The lock digging painfully into my back.

      I wake up with a gasp. My heart is pounding, trying to escape my chest. That was the most detailed nightmare yet. It seemed so real. I felt ever punch and kick. Every pain.

     My clock reads 4 am. I probably wont be able sleep so I might as well get up. Grabbing my laptop, I head downstairs. My parents aren't home as usual, so I don't have to worry about waking anyone up. I set my laptop down and walk into the kitchen. There I grab coffee and a bowl of cereal.

     I power on my laptop as I sit down. I open up Netflix and continue to watch the TV series I have been watching recently . As the TV show continues to play my mind wanders to school. Today is my first day, and I'm not going to lie, I'm scared. What if I get bullied again? Will it be worse? I'm not sure if it can get much worse. The recent cuts on my wrist burn at the thought.

~Every Night in my Time Skip~

     The alarm on my phone blares loudly, interrupting my precious sleep. I must have fallen asleep around 5:45. Now it's 7 and I have about 30 minutes to get ready. Quickly I rush to my room and grab my clothes which consist of a star wars three quarter sleeve shirt, an oversized white fluffy sweater, black skinny jeans, and pale blue converse.

     After dressing I attempt to tame the unruly animal on top of my head. As usual, my curly blue, green, and purple hair puts up a good fight. After about 10 minutes I successfully tamed it. I have just enough time to finish the rest of my morning routine.

     At exactly 7:30 I walk out of my house with my backpack over my shoulder. There is a car ready for me when I reach the end of the driveway. Perks of your parents being rich, no school bus or walking. "Ready for your first day Miss Athena?" The driver, Mike, asks.

     "How many times do I have to tell you Mike? Call me Thea. Only my parents and teachers call me Athena. And I don't know. What if it's like my old school?" I say shivering at the memories.

    "I have a good feeling about this one...Thea." He says with a chuckle. And a small smile appears on my face.

     Maybe just maybe he's right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Hello Bouches and Killjoys, it's Echo. I have hacked into Bear's account and am writing her story for her. So you'll be seeing a lot of me around here for awhile. I know this is a very short chapter and that's my fault. Athena is my character and you will meet Bear's character soon. Athena is a challenge for me. I have never attempted to write someone like her so please bear (heh) with me while I get settled. Athena as a character has a lot of potential but I can definitely see her giving me some trouble.

This story is going have a lot of trigger moments in it so please read at your discretion. We do not mean to insult, make fun of, or trigger your bad memories. And we a truly sorry if we do. We know this story is a risk but we love the idea of it and we really want to make it work because it could turn out to be an amazing story.

Bai Bai Bouches and Killjoys.