Undeserving - Chapter Two

~Cameron~

(Trigger warning)

"Let us help you, Cam." My mother pleadingly says. I stay silent, looking at the tiles in our kitchen. I finger the necklace around my neck, of the angel with her wings covering herself in a hug,; a fallen angel.

"Cameron." My father says sternly, making me look up. He reaches out to put his hand on my shoulder. I scoot my chair back in fear, even though he doesn't see the fear. All my father sees, all my father ever sees, is a moody teenage girl who acts out all the time.

"Sweetheart, we know your in pain from the cancer you had, but -" I glare daggers at her.

"No, Mom. Don't bring that up. That was three years ago. Drop it."

"Cameron." My father says in a warning voice. "Guess what, Cameron. Welcome to the real world. Yes, you had cancer. Yes. Angel is gone. But that's over and done with and you need to move on."

This makes tears spring into my eyes. I've always known my dad didn't really like me. I've always known I was a disappointment, I've always known he loved Angel more; always blamed me for her death in that lake. That's why he never felt bad about my lung cancer.

It still hurts to be reminded.

"Callum." My mother says, surprise present in her voice.at least my mom kind of cares.

"No Mom, it's okay. I get it." I say quietly, before I stand and walk up our stairs to my room. The tears run freely down my face, but quietly as I pass by my dead sister's room and go into mine.

I shut my door silently and fall on my bed, my eyes locking with the picture of Angel and I on my bedside table. It's when my hair was long, before all of my cancer attacked. Angel's hair is my mother's blonde color, but we both have the same eyes. Blue, but such a light blue that they look translucent. Most describe it as glass.

We're both smiling wide smiles at the camera, Angel's eyes watering from her laughter. I was eleven in the picture, her ten. I bury my face in my pillow, the tears free.

I'm sorry for being a disappointment.

"See you after school." My mother says quietly. I don't reply as I step out of the car, walking up to the school. Looking at it just terrifies me, but it fills me with dread at the same time. As soon as the car pulls away, a rock connects with my back. It surprises me, making me fall to the ground. I feel a foot connect with my stomach.

"Hey Cameron." A voice says jokingly. I look up at my attacker, seeing the forest green eyes of Theresa. Her dyed red hair is piled in a bun on her head. A taunting smirk is on her face. "Get away..." I whisper, pain and pleading present in my voice.

"Of course I won't. Don't think that just because you had cancer means I'll baby you. Wow, your worthless."

I feel anger flare in me, and as she goes to kick me again, I grab her foot. Instantly, her eyes gloss over black, and her face melts into sadness. Dread enters every part of my body as I realize what's happening.

Theresa backs away slowly, giving me a sad look. "I-I'm really s-sorry." She whispers, before running away, tears in her eyes. I feel dread run through my body.

I've affected someone else.

My head rest on my arms in class, listening to the teacher drone on. All I can think of is that girl I affected. No one deserves that.

"Cameron!" The teacher yells, making me jump and pick up my head. My think bangs fall in my eyes as I look at her. "Pay. Attention." I nod slowly, looking back down at my blank note sheet. I sigh, slowly writing down what she says.

"Hey." A girl with dyed blue, green, and purple hair says quietly to me. I look over slowly, raising my eyebrow at her.

"I'm Athena."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Hello Bouches and Killjoys. It's Echo again. So now you have met Bear's character Cameron. What happened to her sister? What did Cameron do to Theresa. Is Theresa Disney's version of the queen of hearts, bloated and ugly? What will happen with Athena and Cameron?

Okay Okay enough questions. I just wanted to say hi and tell you guys that we thank you so so so so so much for reading our stories. It means the world to us.

Bai Bai Bouches and Killjoys!