Arjun got up from his chair and walked up to the window,” Yes, I have invested in this project for the past ten years. You must have heard of flex fuel vehicles?”

Radhika nodded,” Yes, I have. They have modifications to the fuel systems that can use E85, which is a blend of up to 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline.”

He had always been surprised to see her profound knowledge and felt proud that even today she had kept her curiosity fueled and aptly filled with rightful information.

“Right on mark, basically, my research team has founded a mixture, which blends 90% ethanol and can be used in regular vehicles without the danger of corrosive or detrimental effect on the engine.”

Radhika had a point in her mind which had been disrupting her ever since she read his seemingly contributing and noble idea,“ But, what I am worried is why would the Oil producers agree to such a proposal, after all it un- viably aids and eats up their profit arena?”

Arjun agreed with her as he turned and looked at her, seemingly entranced by her beauty. He roused himself from counting the freckles lining her beautiful face and felt lost hearing her musical voice and couldn't form coherent thoughts. 

Arjun cleared his throat and said,” You know, my proposal is that we as a cartel manage and produce ethanol in large quantities and flood the market with the said mixture; it will take care of two things in one go. Number one, it will help ‘us’ gain the prime mover advantage and number two,” he looked at her in anticipation.

“It will quell the protests about over-usage of farm lands for the production of ethanol,” Radhika echoed her opinion with excitement laced in her voice.

Arjun gazed at her and nearly hugged her, her child like enthusiasm giving her an innocent and angelic impression,” Now, why don’t you ask me the question that has been really bothering you.” He met her stare head on.  His harsh voice reverberated in the silence precluding her question.

Radhika turned and looked at him unfazed as she voiced her concern,” Why is Arjun Khanna willing to part with the ‘mixture’ that his research team has come up with for free?”

Arjun laughed and shook his head,” Why is he not using it for his selfish gains? Well, my dear. The answer to that question is simply twofold. One, if I even try to use it individually, I will not survive. The union of Oil producers will use their will and charm to squash my initiative either by political massacre of my plan or simply by my accidental assassination.”

Radhika agreed to ‘his’ this though seemingly looking exaggerated but true and insightful theory.

“And two, if I am able to convince the Private Oil Producers tallying up the usage of blended ethanol up to 90%; showing them favorable balance sheet in lieu of production and long-term sustainability; the world will gain today and I would tomorrow.”

Her heart jolted in her ribs as he heard his impassioned voice declaring his hidden agenda and laying it in front of all and sundry. She knew for a thing like this, no one would judge him today but the outcome will be analyzed only by history.