Her breath quickened and she felt as if someone had taken her heart out of her body, she could hear it’s every beat, every little jump. Her nerves skidded to a halt; but she pegged on her emotional roll out with respect to the project she invariably had become a part of now.

Of course, that exotic man with his magical body and mysterious smile had nothing to do with the thrill she felt breezing inside of her.

Taking a deep breath, she informed the man staring at her, “It’s nine am and I am here all ready. Hope the same guideline applies to you too, Mr. Khanna.”

Arjun was amused at her pleasing antics; he gave a low chuckle, “Right, this way Radhika.” He guided her towards the corner of the room which was lined with plush sofas.

Radhika felt a low rumbling in her abdomen when she heard his sensuous chuckle; his smile, his laugh had always been a weakness for her. She picked up her file and leafed through the pages, checking the list of questions she had in her mind.

She decided rather forcefully this man would never be the cause for distraction for her again.

“Would you like to have some tea?” Arjun asked her as he took a seat across her and folded his potent legs across on top of the other. 

Radhika found his stance compelling and persuasive. Inspite of her hatred for him, she loved the aura of invisibility that flowed through him; made her feel secure in his presence; not that she needed a ‘man’ to make her feel so. She was after all a smart independent woman who knew what she wanted in her life and had strived hard to reach where she was today.

No man, not even this delicious man could make her feel something she didn’t want to.

Arjun leaned forwad and pressed his intercom,”Rita, please deliver two cups of tea in the lounge, one with three sugar cubes and the other as I take it. Thank you.”

Radhika was stunned. He still remembered the way she took her tea, she didn’t know what to say; should she ignore it and take it as a routine or what?

She looked at him and saw him looking surprisingly calm and completely unfazed. She suppressed a smile and nipped the thrillful bubble that threatened to burst from within her. 

“So, I went through the content in the files and though it made me question your sanity. I must say it was also most impressive,” Radhika complimented him and graced him with a small smile.

Arjun sat back in his chair and basked in her unmasked appreciation,” Awww, shucks.  Why thank you, ma’am. I aim to please.”

She rolled her eyes knowing well he was just pulling her leg,” What I would like to know is, are you sure you’re up to execute this drastic plan of yours?”

“Yes, I believe in it completely,” he said quietly with surety and determination re-sounding in his thoughts.

“You intend to tell me that you will be coercing the board of private oil consortium to blend 90% of gasoline with ethanol?” she looked at him, her eyes spoke of confusion and disbelief.