Chapter 28: Peppermint Hot Chocolate and Ginger-DEAD

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

The glare was expected. "No."

"Mini putt?"

"No."

"Skating?"

"No."

I pouted as my eyes stayed on the road before me. "Cafe it is, then."

Callaway smiled lazily, hand reaching up to pat my cheek. "You know me so well."

I chuckled, gracefully pressing at random buttons on the dashboard until music started playing. We sat serenely as the melody wandere through the air.

"If you love me, won't you let me know." Callaway's voice drifted through the air as he sang along.

"Isn't Coldplay too mainstream for you?" I joked, hand grazing across his thigh.

Callaway looked at me, almost startled at the realization that he had been singing. "It's better than Christmas music."

I could feel my face light up. "Did you just say Christmas music?"

My hand reached for the dashboard once more.

"Chance, please -"

My hand hesitated as an idea popped into my mind. "I won't play Christmas music if you keep singing."

"Really?" He whined.

"You can sing whatever you want," I suggested, tone pleading as I turned off the radio.

Callaway grumbled to himself, before chapped lips formed around a tune. And he sang.

It was unfamiliar; surely out of Callaway's extended underground indie repertoire. Though the melody was alien to me, it was soft and lovely as it rang out from the boy's mouth.

"Can you please sing me to sleep forever?"

"Only if I get paid. Or laid," Callaway hummed. "Or both - I'm not picky."

I laughed as Callaway continued to sing, voice a touch louder than before. We drove through the powdered neighborhood streets for while, air empty save for the steady sound of Callaway's voice.

A few minutes and a few songs later, we turned into the main road; peppered with pedestrians and small shops. Christmas lights gleamed through the turbid haze of snow as they hung from the trees.

"You know, you owe me chocolate chip pancakes now."

Callaway stopped singing, looking at me. "No, I don't think I do."

"But you promised," I whined.

"No, I didn't," Callaway contradicted. "I said I would endeavor my best in order to have the request fulfilled. I didn't promise anything."

I frowned, lip protruding in exaggerated sadness.

Callaway rolled his eyes. "I'll buy you food instead, if it means so much to you."

My frown instantly disappeared, being replaced by a grin. "Okay!"

Callaway shook his head, exasperated, as I pulled into a parking spot by the sidewalk with a swift glide of my hand on the steering wheel.

"Careful with the car," Callaway warned. "It's worth more than you."

I laughed, taking the key out of the ignition and pulling a hat onto my head as my face was met with the biting wind. I shuffled to the other side of the vehicle, helping Callaway out of the car and being rewarded with a small mumble of "Thanks."

The Gay Gatsbyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें