Chapter 9

Ziek once more paced the clouds of heaven, this time in anger. Again, the teleporter gave a loud rumble of thunder before being engulfed in black smoke and revealing Darkheart's human form. As usual, the surrounding angels left the area with disgusted expressions fixed on their faces. The dragon king looked livid today, and Ziek almost regretted calling him here. Almost, but not quite.

Darkheart made his way over to Ziek and fixed him with a glare cold enough to knock most people dead. "What do you want?" he hissed, his voice more of a snarl than usual. Ziek glared in response to the question, more irritable than he'd been in quite some time.

"I'm sure you know what." He replied. "Your Destroyer turned a boy with no more reason than for his own amusement. How dare he throw the responsibility of another vampire and a young girl into the hands of his brother? My Creator has enough to worry about!"

Darkheart's eyes narrowed at Ziek; he was clearly displeased about the Lord of Light so openly cursing his most trusted ally. "He is unwise. I will speak to him. It shall not occur in the future."

"In the future?" Ziek hissed. "It's too late for that! Even if it does not occur again, a boy's life has already been ruined!"

"Ruined?" Darkheart asked in disgust. "Most honourable Creator, you know that the girl will be much happier in the company of the Hawthorn coven. Not to mention Mr. Castel will now have an opportunity at a life he never would have."

"True, but the life is not one he would choose." Ziek said.

The Lord of Darkness shook his head and spat on the ground. His saliva was practically lava from the fire that constantly churned in his stomach, ready for use whenever he chose to reveal his dragon form. The spit burned straight through the cloud. "There is nothing that can be done for the boy or the girl now. Learn to live with it angel boy, or suffer like the rest of us because it cannot be changed."

Ziek was ready to kill the man before him; he was livid with fury at the injustice of Luke Castel's changing; not to mention the fact that Darkheart seemed almost indifferent towards the incident altogether.

"Control that boy of yours, or I will begin the battle of light and dark early and have him killed myself." Ziek snarled, angrier than he ever had been. The usually peaceful man was beyond anger by this point. Damon Hawthorn was out of control, and Ziek meant his threat.

Darkheart's expression went from stony to enraged in a fraction of a second. "You would not dare." He hissed.

Ziek stood his ground even through Darkheart stood a good three or four inches taller than him. His golden eyes glared up at cold amber ones and his lips turned into a sneer. "I would." He replied coldly. "I would dare. I do not think that you understand my fury Destroyer, so allow me to explain it." Ziek stepped forwards, closing the already-cramped gap between the two, and spoke in an icier tone than he could ever remember using. "If Damon Hawthorn dares turn another being with no reasonable explanation, I will have him slaughtered. There will be no mercy. That is your warning."

With those words, Ziek stepped away from the King of Dragons and spoke once more. "Be gone from Heaven. Do not dare return."

Darkheart's cold eyes met Ziek's, but he didn't respond. He turned and entered the teleporter and once the light breeze blew through and cleared the smoke, there was nothing more than Ziek's fury to prove that the incident had ever occurred.

+++++

The Hawthorn coven had quickly gathered in the infirmary after hearing that Luke was awake and able to control his thirst enough to prevent attacking them all. The only one who was not present was Damon, but that made the tension in the room seem lesser as he would certainly done nothing to help the situation at hand. The members were congratulating Luke on his flawless transformation, and welcoming him into their "family."