Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

"I'M HOME!" I yelled as I walked through the front door and into the foyer. By now I had released Cody's hand just in case my dad got skeptical.

"Okay good," My mom said coming down the stairs, Gia and my dad trailing closely behind her. "Tyler is taking a nap right now. Wake him up in an hour to feed him, then do what you usally do and...who's this?" I was surprised she didn't ask earlier. Gia, who was tapping away on her iPhone snapped her head up, her eyes getting wider and wider every millisecond.

"OHMYGOSHCODYSIMPSONISINMYHOUSE.OMGOMGOMGOMG." She screamed shrilly enough to break the glass on the windows. Before I knew it, she was tackling Cody in a hug and snapping a million pictures.

Cody looked at me with terror in his eyes. I giggled a little and pulled Gia off of him with the help of my dad.

"So I take it you're Cody Simpson..." My dad says sticking his hand out to shake Cody's.

"Yes sir, that's me!"

"And do you mind explaining to me why my daughter just went crazy over you....?"

"HE'S FAMOUS DAD. THE AUSTRALIAN GUY THAT I ALWAYS READ ABOUT IN J-14!"

"Ohhhh. Okay well, how do you know Jazzlyn?"

"I met him on a walk dad, he wanted to help me babysit Tyler...is that okay?"

He looked at my mother and nodded his head. "I suppose."

"Wait, you're going to let Jazzlyn here alone...with a boy?! She's such a s-"

"She'll be fine. Now let's go before we're late. Bye Jazzlyn, bye Cody." My parents waved goodbye and brushed past me, and so did Gia, except she punched my shoulder. It didn't hurt though, since she's so tiny, but I just rolled my eyes.

"Sorry about that." I say looking down at my feet. "It's okay if you don't want to come here ever again, I don't blame you."

"She seemed....pleasant. Hahah, but don't worry about it, I've had worse!"

"Oh yeahh, pleasant. That's the adjective. But I don't even want to know what the other people did. Haha, what do you want to do?"

"Watch a movie? Listen to music-"

"LISTEN TO MUSIC."

He laughed and pulled out his iPod. I grabbed it from him and ran over to the livng room, him running after me. I plugged the iPod into the dock and started playing Sexy And I Know It at full volume. Cody grabbed my hands and we started dancing around like idiots. The song ended and we laughed, out breath, and sat down on the couch.

"We're such toolbags." I said smiling.

"Toolbags? What the heck is that?!"

I thought for a second, then shrugged. "I don't really know, my cousin and I made it up!"

"Hahah, okay then! We should probably check on Tyler. I hope we didn't wake him up."

"Otay!" I said and jumped up off the couch pulling Cody with me.

The two of us ran up the stairs and I led the way to Tyler's room. I carefully opened the door and saw him sitting up in his bed rubbing his eyes.

"JAZZLYN!" He exclaims when he's fully awake.

"What am I, chopped liver?!" Cody says faking hurt. I laugh and help Tyler out of his bed.

"Oh! Hi Cody! Is Tom here too?" He asks giddily looking behind Cody's legs as if he could have been hiding him.

"No, not today! Sorry buddy. I'll bring him over next time, promise!"

Next time? Huh, someone's confident.

"What makes you think you're welcome back?" I say, whipping out my best acting, and pretending to be totally serious.

Cody laughed and then met my eyes, which showed no trace of joking. A nervous looked washed over his face and I let him sweat it for a minute before smiling.

"Ew.." Tyler said. Cody and I laughed and I stuck my tongue out a Tyler, tickling him. I gently set him down and he looked at me with his big brown eyes and said, "Do you think Cody would play G-I-Joe with me?" I smiled and looked at Cody. "I would be delighted!" He said and followed Tyler to his toy box. I sat down on a chair in the corner of the room watching them. They got along nicely, and Tyler seemed to really like him. I began to wonder if all of this was too good to be true. Cody is so calm and confident and open about things while I...I was stuck pretending happy my whole life. I'm so fake towards people. I need to tell Cody about my life and my actual feelings before we take our "relationship" any further. Or was it an actual relationship? Either way, the only problem is...I don't even know my true feelings.