Chapter 24

Sorry about the long wait, kinda stressed out. Also my heart kinda just got broken, boys are dumb. Anyway sorry lol continue reading!

"The trial was absolutely horrible."

"Seriously, HORRIBLE."

Emily chuckled at Niall's reaction.

"To spare you the long story I'll leave it at this. Basically the ride over wasn't that bad." Other than the fact I basically got Rosemary to agree to have a relationship with me and cheat on you. "But when we went to the court house Rosemary fucking flipped shit walking in there, as expected, and started crying. Then Peter, the damn cop who came over here after Rosemary's house was broken into, randomly popped up!" Niall shouted. Grumbling he sat down on the couch and relaxed, staring at an amused Emily.

"Popped up? What do you mean?" Emily questioned, taking a drink of water while looking at Niall who looked unamused as usual.

"He came to the trial Em, duh? He told Rosemary that they found DNA evidence from who broke into her house. And then he continued on to say that it was similar too my own DNA. Emily, you shoulda fuckin' seen the way she looked at me! She looked at me like I was the one who did it. And to make matters worse, Peter opened his fat fuckin' mouth and told er' that they already had my DNA and information in the criminal data base system Em! She looked at me like I was a fuckin' monster!" Niall was clearly upset by this. His thick accent always became prominent as he got angry. He hadn't talked to Rosemary since the trial.

"And Ken? What about him?" Emily questioned unenthusiastically.

"30 years to life in prison. Rosemary cried through the whole thing but at least its over." He sighed.

Emily got up, grabbing her clutch.

"Well I'm going to head out, maybe you should talk to Rosemary. Explain everything to her..." She trailed off, leaving the room.

Watching out the window until Emily left, he jogged down the stairs looking for Rose. He faintly heard the sound of piano music and furrowed his brows as he followed the tune. The music got louder and louder until he recognized the tune as Heart and Soul.

Soon enough he was in the corner of his large house, a room he never went into. Looking into the room he saw Rosemary continuously playing the same notes of Heart and Soul.

"That piano song is preformed as a duet ya know." He said, making Rosemary jump and stop playing as she stared at him and making him smirk.

"Here." He happily said, as he sat down next to Rose. He sat his long rough looking fingers on the smooth white keys. Rosemary watched silently as he started to play the other notes that she couldn't play. His fingers were so...talented, strong, even....gentle.

Niall glanced over to her and raised his eyebrows. Nudging her he was practically giving her a 'come on and play' look. With a loud gulp she started to play the other notes. Her tiny nimble fingers were next to his large rough ones, playing in harmony.

Soon enough the song was done as Niall sat smiling down at her, while she kept her hair in her face, looking down.

Slowly he went to reach his finger to tuck her hair behind her ear but Rosemary violently recoiled and flinched away, scooting down the piano seat.

Niall looked taken back and quickly retreated his hand as if a cat swatted at it. Pain spread across his features as Rosemary sorrowfully looked up through her lashes.

"Rosemary...." Niall trailed off, waiting for her to say something.

She sighed and stood up. She flicked her long blackish brown hair over her shoulder as she adjusted her jeans and plain white tee shirt.