Chapter 3

A/N I AM CRYING SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW AND I HONESTLY HAVE SUCH BAD ANXIETY I FEEL SICK THINKING ABOUT IT PLEASE WISH ME THE BEST, I ALSO HAVE TWO CREEPY GUY TEACHERS. ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE BOOK SO FAr ByE!!

I know it was strange to say, that Mr.Horan made me feel like I was home, but he did. It didn't have anything to do with the fact that I met him only twenty minutes ago, it didn't have to do with his wealth, something about him made me feel safe. Just in his presence you felt warm and happy on the inside, you felt like you could glow and radiate from just one smile exchanged to each other. I don't know if he will be a good psychiatrist but I know he seems to be a good person to be around.

"Rosemary, your mother sent me an email prior to our session, with all of your....problems", Mr.Horan said, putting air quotes around problems making me smile. Glad he isn't jumping to the conclusion that I'm something I'm not.

"Rose, I'm going to tell you right now, from what you've already told me, and meeting with your mother plus reading her email, I don't think you have any mental illnesses she accuses you of, but, you may....I can't say that you are completely problem free because I don't know you well at all yet. What I can see so far is that your mother and her boyfriend shelter you to an extreme that it has made you anxious and closed off from the world."

He moved off his chair and came and kneeled in front of me, taking my hand in his, causing my heart to beat faster making blood pump harshly through my veins. My eyes widened but I tried to remember this is just a normal gesture. Though I still didn't have enough courage to look at him in his eyes.

"You have no social life, you must feel like you're going crazy staying home everyday with nothing to do but talk to yourself. Im not diagnosing you with anything, what you need is to get out of that house, you need a friend." He said, lifting my chin up with his finger to stare into his deep beautiful eyes.

I had read several books in my life, since I had nothing better to do, ever. But I never thought that there were actually men out there who lifted a girls chin with their hand to stare longly into her eyes, I thought that was all just some cheesy plot. But now that its happening, its nothing like reading it. In books it happens quickly, but I felt as if everything slowed down into slow motion and we had tunnel vision for each other. I slowly blinked, I was afraid. I was alone in a mans house, less than two feet away from that man, completely shaking in my boots just from staring at his intimidating persona.

"I can be your friend", Mr.Horan said with the voice of an angel.

My cheeks were red, I could feel it, they were burning up. I saw Mr.Horan look down at my cheeks when he noticed they were changing from their pale milky color to a blushing rose. His lip twitched when he noticed, leaving behind a shadow of a smile.

Without warning our gazes met and when he blinked for the last time I saw reality hit him, and just like that, he got up and walked away, it was like we had zoomed out of tunnel vision and everything sped up to normal pace again. I sat there in a daze.

It may be because I'm awkward, anti-social, and inexperienced, but I swear on my grave, I have never experienced something so weirdly intense with another boy- much less a man- in my life.