Chapter 14

A/N i didnt plan the whole rose and jack aka leo Titanic thing OOPS continue.

"Do not talk to him." Niall grumbled as I put on my seatbelt.

"You were taking a while with Emily so I was freezing and he gave me his hoodie." I snapped back. I was surprised by my attitude but I was annoyed that Niall acted so mean towards me and with everything going on I would think he would be a little more sympathetic. I felt tears prick my eyes, I hate my life.

"Im not your father, but I will discipline you and protect you for the time being. Don't be stupid Rose. You know what I am?" He said staring at me. I tried to hold back tears.

"W-what?" I said confused. Why does he speak in riddles.

He sighed and pinched his nose. I heard him mumble 'lord give me strength'

"Rosemary its not that hard to comprehend. Im a psychiatrist, not a therapist. Most teenagers go to therapy to talk about issues and deal with coping and so on. But I....I have the power to give medical help to people. I have a reputation as a great psychiatrist."

"Where are you going with this?" I questioned.

He sighed. "What I am saying is, Leo could have gone to a therapist and there are plenty of good psychiatrists if he needed one. But I have a reputation for helping a lot of mentally ill kids. He came to me for a reason, for help. I can't tell you why because it is against the law but I can tell you, as your friend, he is not somebody you want to hang around with. He may seem charming, and he is, but he is smart and cunning Rosemary. I do not want you associating with him." Niall said. He had yet to turn on the car and was looking at me with seriousness and concern in his eyes.

"Alright...its not like I will ever see him again so." I sighed, can tonight just be over.

"Okay." Was all he said. The ride home was mostly silent.

I gawked as I watched him pull out a cigarette and light it. He took a slow drag and slowly blew it out.

I didn't know he smoked.

Through out the car ride I couldn't stop staring at Niall take slow inhales of his long cigarette. Eventually he caught on and smirked.

"Like what you see?" He smirked.

I looked down blushing.

As we got out of the car after coming 'home' Niall stopped me. "Child services is coming tomorrow..."

I sighed "I know." I stomped up the stairs and threw myself on my bed crying. I just want sleep.

******

"Wake up." A rough hand shook me. Obviously it was Niall.

I slowly peeled my eyes opened. "Its 9:30, they will be here at 12:00. Shower and get ready then come down for breakfast." I nodded and waited for him to leave. After laying in bed for another ten minutes I dragged myself to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. Afterwards I blew dry my hair and put on some sweats and a baggy shirt. I was a lot paler and I just looked miserable but I really couldn't care less, I hated my life right now. Niall was kind one minute and spiteful and angry the next. My mom doesn't care about me at all and her boyfriend a psycho child molester. Now I am getting taken away from my sheltered life and thrown into the lions den.

I dragged myself downstairs to eat French toast and eggs which Niall made. Looking at the clock I saw it was 11:30. Do I really take that long to shower and get ready...