chapter 21

Before we knew it, it became dark. I left Rai and Muzaka outside to talk to each other while I helped Ashleen cook the fish.

Mei: am I doing this right?
Ashleen: yeah. Looks delicious.

Ashleen went to peek out the small window at Rai and Muzaka. When I walked over to look out too, I stopped.

Death was there.

Standing on the other side of the fire in between the two. He was looking at me with his dead eyes.
Suddenly, my head started to hurt.

Mei: ....
Ashleen: ...Mei...?

I immediately ran out and towards Muzaka and Rai.
But I did not see death.

What is with him?
Is he after Rai?

Mei: ...Muzaka...they found us.
Muzaka: huh?
Mei: the werewolves!
Muzaka: ...!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Muzaka immediately took off without us. I told Ashleen tostay inside and to lay low. Rai waited out for me before we finally took off to catch up to Muzaka.
Along the way, I closed my eyes and meditated. Exactly as I expected, I was transfered into Muzaka's mind. He's already found them.
And the situation is not good.

Maduke: Humans build their castles forever but destroying them happen in an instant. Even if they build another castle on too of that, it isn't the same thing.
Once a rule is broken...it is no longer a rule...especially, if it is broken by the Lord!!

I snapped back open my eyes.

Mei: their about to attack. Hurry!
Raizel: ....

With my speed, I quickly hurried up the mountain, and passed Muzaka. Stopping him and the other werewolves in their tracks. Rai them came up after me.

Raizel: ....kneel.

All the men froze then ended up falling to their knees without warning.

Maduke: if it isn't Mr. And Mrs. Noblesse.
Mei: ....
Raizel: ....
Maduke: I heard a lot about you two. May I ask why your both in such a place like this?
Muzaka: ....
Raizel: Muzaka is...our friend.
Maduke: hmph. I understand. Given that I've met the Lord. I'll back off now.

Maduke them turned to leave. Then so did the rest of the werewolves.

Vince....what are you trying to pull?

Muzaka: ...thank you so much. I didn't want any conflict with those guys...I must leave this place now.
Mei: ....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
All three of us traveled back to the ruined bridge.

Muzaka: it's nice to finally see you both, but it can't be helped.
Mei: what are you gonna do now?
Muzaka: I'm thinking about hiding deep in the northern mountains.
Mei: what about Ashleen?
Muzaka: Ashleen will probably dislike it. She likes people after all.....this May be out of nowhere, but do you know what Ashleen's dream is?
Raizel: ....?
Mei: her dream?
Muzaka: it's to make sure no other children lose their  parents in the war, like herself. Just the other day, she asked me to teach her how to fight. Of course, I refused instantly. As you know, strength is very dangerous. You can't guarantee that it will be only used for the right purposes. And.....kids like her can use it wrongly by getting swept in their emotions. She isn't as mentally strong as she looks.
Mei: .....

Rai stopped and looked at Muzaka.

Muzaka: I know even without you looking at me like that. It isn't like me to hide around here, and to have a child like her around me. But, I like how I am now. I realized it's thanks to Ashleen. The truth that if I am able to find someone truly important to me. Even if I change, everything becomes bliss. To protect Ashleen, I can do anything.
Mei: .....
Raizel: you changes a lot....Muzaka.

Raizel then took off. I looked at Muzaka.

Mei: .....Muzaka, be safe...keep Ashleen safe too.