chapter 19

Mei: see...it's a better view outside than just looking out the window right?
Raizel: ....

After I regained some of my strength, Rai finally came outside with me. I showed him this big open space in Lukedonia where you could see different varieties of plants, and where you could see full view of the Sunset. Although Rai stood in the shade of a tree....I still got him outside.

I'll take what I can get.

Mei: you can see how wide the sky is and how beautiful the world is........well, at least the good part anyway.
Raizel:...Mei...How long have you been around?

Even I didn't expect that kind of question from Rai.

Mei: ...I've roamed since the beginning of time....I am literally the living embodiment of life. Hard to tell if I am, huh?
Raizel: ....

I didn't turn to look at Rai. Sometimes I don't enjoy talking about my origin.

Mei: ...I am neither loved nor hated....life is fair, but cruel. Beings need life, but sometimes they don't want it.....what a weird existence I have. I've thought a lot about my existence over the years.....but thinking about it makes my head hurt.
Raizel: ....
Mei: ....but I'm a way better embodiment than Death.

Somehow that sounded like a lie.
I tried to change the subject and lift the heavy mood.

Mei: hmmm....let's see if I can get this story here right........a man who loved life so much, he wanted it all to himself....a very odd description of you, isn't it?

I turned my head slightly and looked at Rai with a bright smile. I saw he had smiled a little too.

Raizel: you worded it a little wrong.
Mei: ....?
Raizel: ....more of, "He wanted her all to himself."
Mei: hehehe.....well, um, are you ready to go?
Raizel: ...?
Mei: ...well, I thought you would want to go back inside. I only asked if you'd come out for a bit.....plus...I'm not sure if your enjoying this.
Raizel: I'm fine.
Mei: ....?
Raizel: I'm fine with this.

His words brought a small blush to my cheeks.

Raizel: This is enough for me.
Mei: ....Its enough for you?
Raizel: ...you are enough for me.
Mei: .....

Is this the beginning of a peaceful life?