Drowning

A/N: Enjoy ! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s like drowning.

It’s like being pulled under the strong current and you have no control over it. You have no control of how deep you get pulled in because that’s what the current is there for, to force you down. To hold you down like elastic bands refusing to let you go.

The pressure gets too deep and you can barely hear anything, like your hearing senses are being deprived from regular air pressure. Everything is foggy and watery because of how hard the water is pushing down on you and you want to scream, you want to scream so loud but all that comes out is a muffled groan that doesn’t seem to be heard. No one can hear you because you’re already deep down. You’re drowning; thrashing your arms around wanting to come back up to the surface and hoping this is all a dream.

But it’s not a dream. None of this is a dream. I’m walking towards the group of people standing around someone. My heart races out of my chest and I try to catch it but as soon as the group of people separate to let me and Niall through, my heart is gone.

My heart is far gone for me to do anything as those caramel eyes look up at me slowly from the rough hands that have been off me for far too long.

It’s like drowning.

I can barely breathe, my chest held still as I hold my breath. I couldn’t breathe even if I tried, those brown eyes always did take my breath away.  My hearing goes a little foggy, not being able to make out the restless chatter going on around me. There’s a heavy weight on my shoulder, pushing me down, down, down.

It’s like drowning.

I try to scream. I try to scream as loud as I can but there’s no one to listen. The pain I feel in my chest as his eyes glisten and his face tightens ceases the muffled sounds I try to make. I try to swim to the surface, try to kick my way upward to the light streaming through the clouds but I’m not strong enough. I’m not strong enough to swim back and the only thing I could do is let the current pull me further down. I let it do just that and let out a whimper as I look into his eyes again, a whimper falling from my lips when I realize I let the current win.

“Zayn! Glad you could make it!” Niall pats his shoulder as he smiles wide, proud.

“Thanks for the invite, don’t think I could spend another night in a hotel,” I noticed how he spoke through his teeth, “it gets boring.” His eyes never left mine; they were burning holes into my skin. I was drowning and on fire.

“I don’t know how you do it, honestly.” Niall says sarcastically as he looks to Zayn and back to me, noticing the absence of my words. “Oh! This is Bay! Bay, Zayn.” He motions his hands to Zayn and I felt like my chest could explode. The pain was too much that I didn’t think I could move let alone speak or make any noise so I don’t know how I managed to let out a whimper after Zayn’s words.

“Nice to meet you, Bay.” His hand was extended, his veins travelling up his arms and becoming more visible as he gripped my hand and shook it lightly yet firmly.