In My Veins

A/N: I hope the flashbacks arent confusing for anyone. Andrew Belle's song, In My Veins, got me through this and it helped me get really emotional. I love you guys. Read the A/N at the end for important news. Enjoy! (: 

------------------------------------------------------------ 

December 2013

“Give it back to me!” I tried jumping up to catch my notebook that Thomas had in his hand, he was teasing me about having to study for my last exam before Christmas break.

“Not until you say it!” He waved the purple notebook in the air and it suddenly became way out of my reach so I sighed in defeat and crossed my arms against my chest, “say it, Bay.” He teased again as he lowered the notebook down only to bring it back up again.

-------------

“You can’t do that!” He extended his hand outward trying to stop me.

“Do what?” I teased as I came closer to him, our bodies only inches apart.

“You know exactly what you’re doing,” and he was right, as I put my hands against his chest and leaned on my tiptoes and brushed my lips against his, I knew exactly what I was doing.

“Got it.” I smiled in victory as he opened his eyes slowly, his eyelashes fanning on is cheeks, his eyes immediately diverted from my eyes to my hand holding the beanie that he took from my room.

Three words fell from his lips and it sounded like an invitation to kiss him again, “I let you.”

-------------

“No,” I shook my head, my lips pouting and I was ready to go inside because I was freezing and sad and trying my best to not think about the day like this and I’m wearing only a long sleeve shirt that was not a good idea on my part, knowing that December is the coldest month of winter and well my brain doesn’t know how to work sometimes.

“I’m not giving it back to you until you say it,” I know that I should enjoy all the small moments with Thomas because he’s here until New Years but I can’t seem to keep myself focused on the present. Everything that happens reminds me of everything I miss. It’s always been constant teasing like this and I’m not giving him any satisfaction so I just pulled on his scarf, tugging him a bit, and made a run for it, laughing for everyone to hear.

---------------

“Bay! Wait! I didn’t mean it!” I kept walking at a faster pace, my bare feet hurting from the heels and the gravel beneath my skin.

It was dark and a single streetlamp lit the dark street as I turned away from my house. He did mean it; he meant it when he said he didn’t regret hooking up with that skank Olivia. How could I be so stupid as to think I could trust him? I was drunk and under the influence with Josh but he was perfectly coherent and he knew what he was doing. Why is this hurting so much?

It shouldn’t hurt so much. It’s not like we’re emotionally attached; it’s not like he’s emotionally attached. I correct myself.

“Bay, wait,” the little tiny pebbles beneath our feet crunched as he stepped over to follow me, “you have to listen to what I have to say! You can’t just run!”

I turn around to see him standing there only a couple of feet away, his jet black hair slicked with shiny hair products, the stubble on his chin made me go crazy and I had the urge to take him home and hand him my shaver but I knew there was a more important matter at hand, “and what? Just stand here and let you lie to me again? You think I enjoy having a constant reminder that you’re not mine?!”