Chapter II: Next Up

Copyright © 2012 Phyre_Confidential (J.B. Roberts)

All Rights Reserved.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A tongue has no bones

But it already strong enough to break a heart.

So be carefully with your words.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Chapter 2

Xotichl closed and locked her penthouse door behind her, before leaning into it and closing her eyes. She was exhausted, and it was already half past one in the morning by the time the helicopter landed on the pad at IPPA/ N.A. headquarters. It took time but the pilot finally managed to wake Xotichl up long enough to get her off the helicopter and into the building. By then she was good enough to walk to her apartment that happened to be located on the other end of the headquarters, where the living quarters were. But now all she wanted to was sleep.

Instead of heading for her bedroom, though, she walked down the hall and entered the bathroom. Closing and locking the door again behind her, she went to stand in front of the counter where her wall-length mirror stood, and examined herself.

Her dark hair was stringy and a rats nest of knots, her black leather jumpsuit muddy and covered in watered down blood. Her skin was unscathed, but she still felt sort of wounded on behalf of herself.

Almost every time she looked at herself- wither it be in photographs or even the mirror like now- she felt like she was looking at a stranger. A stranger with no remembered past, no sort of hard work toward a future, no family to be remembered by. She only remembered things from when she first woke up four and a half years ago in that dark room, alone at first.

Even so, she mostly felt like she was looking at a machine disguised as a young woman than an actual girl. If she could guess, she would be 73% machine and only 37% human.

After she woke up with her new limbs, she was taught how to function and use them, and as she learned, they were upgraded often. New gadgets and additional energy for her anti gravity feet. They were also replaced only twice in the last four years, due to her growing only a fraction. She was small, but she was still known to have long toned artificial legs.

"Just like the real things, right?" Miss Wolds had exclaimed when Xotichl first got them, "but also better!"

Xotichl shook her head. She still had organs like normal humans, of course. She had to eat, sleep, and exercise to keep her energy levelled. She still had a brain, but also a flexible panel in the back of her neck, which hooked her up to a search engine and helped her heart to not stall. Wires filtered through her body similar to veins; red and blue wires for red and blue coloured veins. She had different modes her vision can change to, such as night vision, X-ray, and heat sensor. She can also adjust the level of her vision, going higher than 20/20 and lower. Her body was built to go to a fast speed, so she was also strong and flexible. The way Dr. Krafts and his coworkers worked on her, you'd think she were a weapon of massive destruction.

But she was nothing like the terminator.

She couldn't even imagine herself similar to the terminator. She was glad that she had another ability to singled her out of that category; her water element. She knew she was an elemental just like Marteks was a fire elemental. Only she had robot parts and he was all human.

Xotichl sighed. No matter how much she wished she could go back in time, she couldn't. Everything from her old home was destroyed, and no records of her parents were found other than their names.