Chapter 11: The Workaholic of Wall Street

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I am!"

"No, you're not. You're incredibly annoying."

"Stop being such a tsundere."

"I am not!"

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She smirked. "As your best...whatever, it's my job to make sure you don't end up being a complete loser like Texas. In this case, I'm here to get you out of this lame machine called work!"

He looked baffled. "Dude, I'm perfectly fine."

"You say that, but deep down you're a miserable piece of shit who craves for freedom, pleasure, and hella cute outfits for next year!"

"I think all those things describe you..."

"Anyway, call your boss, and tell them to give you the weekend off."

"No way." He shook his head.

"Why not?"

"There's no reason to call them. Even if I ask, they won't give me the weekend off for me to see a fashion show."

She scoffed, "What a wimp move."

"I'm being realistic."

"If you won't, I will! I'll call your stupid boss, and tell them to give you the weekend. I'll go so far as to hack their Twitter account, and post pictures of penises if they don't comply with my request."

"Do that, and I'll kick you out of my condo," he warned as he went back to typing on his computer.

Cali frowned. "Come on, man..."

York ignored her. He wasted enough time talking with the valley girl. In fact, he felt more jaded thanks to her. He cracked his fingers, stretched his arms above his head. His navy blue eyes scanned the binders and stacks of paper that laid across his desk. On the computer screen was a spreadsheet. Fifty out of a hundred rows were filled with personal information of many associates. Plus, he needed to call at least twenty more people before he could stop and get some sleep. He had been working on this project since two days ago, and he was only halfway done.

He made a groan he hoped Cali wouldn't hear.

'Maybe she's right,' he thought to himself. 'I'm currently working over ten hours a day, six days a week. I'm currently working at home trying to fix up some asshole's mistake, and I still have tomorrow's assignments to do. Ugh... What am I doing with my life?'

He banged his head on his desk, earning a weird look from Cali and the pups.

Ding-Ding! Ding-Ding!

'What now?' He lifted his head off the desk.

The doorbell continued to go off, sending Rosy on a yipping spree. The Yorkie hopped off the sofa, and made a mad dash out of the room.

"I'll get it!" Cali chirped.

She grabbed her pup, and placed her elsewhere on the couch. She got up, and skipped out of the room, leaving York alone to savor a peaceful minute to himself.

'Finally! She's gone!'

It was only for a moment, but a minute of silence was a blessing to his ears. Taking a whirl in his chair, the young man stretched in his chair. He was about to go back to his computer when he heard the ugliest sound he ever known.

"Man! Was traffic always this bad, Cali? I still can't believe anyone would want to live in this dump!"

York nearly snapped his phone in half recognizing that douchebag's accent.