DW Adventure 2: The Doctor's Story-Chapter 1

Chapter 1: The Doctor Need’s Help Again…

Chapter 1 Part 1: A Scary Meeting

You walked into the dim lighted corridor. “Wow.” You said under your breath. This was the place you were supposed go? It was a dark stone corridor covered in cobwebs. The room was cold and screamed run. So why were you still here?

 Seven days ago you got a message saying to come here and that the Doctor’s life was in danger. You thought it might be a trick but you weren’t willing to gamble if he might actual be in trouble.

You heard a low breathe and looked up to see a figure standing at the end of the hallway on top of stairs. It beckoned you to follow.

Would that be the best choice? It was either a trick or the Doctor was in trouble. You knew what you had to do. You sighed and tentatively took steps up the stairs.

When you got closer to the man, you saw it was actual two men. Even though they looked exactly the same with a black cloak that blocked their faces and old boney hands. “You guys couldn’t have picked a creeper place, could ya?” You said trying to lighten the mood. They said nothing and just kept walking. As you walked you looked around, you saw designs and carvings in the stone walls. Why here? And what did it have to do with the Doctor?

They kept walking until you entered a dark room and in the room you saw things you recognized and you knew that this did have something to do with the Doctor. And from the looks of it, it was very important.

Chapter 1 Part 2: Collection

You jumped back at the sight of a weeping angel. “They will not hurt you. They are only stone.” one of the cloaked figures said in a raspy voice.

You knocked on the angel, “So this is an actual statue of a weeping angle?”

“Correct.”

“How did you-?” You stopped as you looked around the cave like room you were standing in. Inside it was filled with pictures, scrolls, and souvenirs collected over the Doctors long life.  “Wow,” you said looking around, “I’ve met fans but you two out do them all.”  You saw the Doctor’s Time Lord Fog watch and the Master’s, the bad wolf letters from when the doctor was with Rose, and even a carving of the Doctor and Donna.

“Wait a minute…” You ran over and grabbed a fragile painting, “Is this the painting Van Gogh made? And this…” You looked at a glass piece with a bright crack through the middle, “This is a piece of the Doctor’s TARDIS! How did you even get it? And more important does he know you’ve taken it?” Then you remembered why you were here, “Where is he? What have you done with him?!”

“We have done nothing to him.” Again the first man replied while the other stayed silent.

“Then where is he?” You asked.

“How should we know? He’s probably out there traveling the stars.”

“So he’s not in danger, well more than usual?”

“No, he’s in mortal danger.”

“Please explain because if we go on the way we are I’ll get a migraine.” You rubbed at your forehead.

“Let’s start with who we are.” He said, “I am the Storyteller or the Teller, he is the Storywriter or the Writer.” You nodded going along with it. “We write and tell the stories and prophecies of the universes. We create your destinies or at least we tell them.”

“If you guys are so important why haven’t I heard of you before today?”

“Because we create stories and tell them, but we don’t speak of our own.”

“Ok…” you said, “But what does this have to do with the Doctor?”

“The Doctor is a very important part of the universe, without him it would fall apart. And he is very old and has seen much.”

“So…?” you said trying to get to the point.

“The Doctor has many secrets, and those secrets are not to be known, but they have been written down and there in the Doctor’s book.”

Doctor’s book? What could that be? Well, they said they copied or wrote stories people so…“You guys have a book all about the Doctor?”

“Correct and it has been stolen.”

“Stolen?”

“Yes, and is know spread across time and space and we need you to collect it.”

“Why me?”

“You are very key person in the Doctor’s life and he will need you and only you can do this.”

Was there any choice in that matter? You could tell these guys didn’t mess around and if the Doctor or his secrets were really in trouble then you would have to help. “If it’s for the Doctor I’ll do it.”

“Excellent.” He said the word in such a creepy way you almost took back what you said.

“But how am I going to find these pages of the book?”

Then he handed you some kind of necklace. It was mostly bronze and had a decorated pendant. There were also small bronze wings and a clock that completed it.  “This will take you through all of time and space. The first location is already set.”

You looked at the piece of jewelry, “Cool.”

“But before you go here is a warning. There will be dangers, but the biggest danger is reading the Doctors secret past. If the pages are marked red, you shouldn’t read them. Everything else you can.”

“Got it.” You said urging to push the clock, “Red bad, everything else is a go. Speaking of go, can I go?”

“You may. Good luck.” He said nodding his head.

“Right then, don’t wait up.” And with that you pushed and everything turned bright white.