But even if he had not been a heartbreaker, I would not have had faith in him. I just did not trust anyone; that was just the way I was. I could never be open and share secrets with someone, all of that was too hard for me. I did not expect anything from anyone because I did not want to be hurt and disappointed.

I thought that the reason for that was my father. I had trusted him with everything I had and he had left me and my family all alone and broken. He had not cared enough about me, and that had almost destroyed me. I could not let that happen again.

Kyle wanted to break down my walls and I could not let him. I knew his intentions were bad, he wanted to be amused for a moment before he could take me down. I could not fall for his sweet words and warm smiles, he was intriguing, but I was strong enough to stay away from him.

"I have believed in liars before," I said in that moment. I had to drag myself out of my trance, because I had been staring at the wall with a blank look on my expression. "But I know better now than to think you will ever keep a promise you make."

"How are you so sure I am a liar?" Kyle wondered.

"You think you are too good for this world. You think you deserve the best," I replied as he turned the coffee maker off and took the pot on his hands. "You believe that you are so amazing that every girl will fall in love with you. But the thing is that I will not."

"How can I change your mind?" His smile was wide as he spoke and I rolled my eyes at him. Kyle seemed to be so certain that he could make me like him, and it was so ridiculous to me.

"Perhaps you could start telling the truth," I said, as if that was so hard. But really, to him, that was probably very difficult to do. I could not imagine him being honest with anyone, not even to someone that he cared about, let alone myself.

"I can tell you anything you want," Kyle told me.

I had to think for a moment about what I would ask him. I doubted he would really tell me anything true about himself, which was why I decided to make a simple question first. I shrugged my shoulders and wondered, "What music do you listen to?"

"That is an easy one. Music from the 90s, Nirvana," he replied. He poured some coffee on two cups. He took them in his hands and walked away from behind the counter. He sat down on one of the tables and nodded towards the seat across from him.

"What is your favorite book?" I sat down on a chair as well, with a small smile on my lips. I was surprising myself really, since I was actually having a talk with him in which I did not want to show him my middle finger.

"The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald," Kyle said with a sparkle in his blue eyes. I still could not believe that he read such good books, he had to be very smart and mature to be interested in that read.

"You really don't seem to be the type to read classics," I admitted as I took the cup in front of me in my hands and took a sip. The warm coffee was delicious, I was taken aback that he had made something so good. The taste was perfect; I had to take another sip.

"Well," Kyle expressed as he scratched the back of his neck. "When my parents died, I started to read a lot. My father owned so many books and I just didn't want them to go to waste."

The room went silent. I had not known about that, he had never spoken to me about something so somber. I could not believe that he had said it in such a casual and sudden way, as if the tragedy was not important. His parents were dead and he had just shared that with me, I had to show him somehow that I was saddened to hear something so bad.

And I did, I took his hand in mine and intertwined our fingers together. I felt the warmth of his skin against mine and looked into his beautiful blue eyes. I tried to tell him through my expression that I was truly sorry.