Chapter 19

Rosalie was rushed inside before Xander ran over to help Xavier. She tried running back out, but someone grabbed her. She spun around to see Cyrus giving her a warning look.

"Don't. He'll calm down in a few minutes, then you can go to him." He explained, sitting her down on the stairs.

He took a seat beside her as she ran her hand through her hair. "That's why everyone fears him, he loses control."

"All alphas do sometimes." Cyrus said. "Your father did, I did, my father did, and so on."

"But why?"

"Rachel mentioned his mate." Cyrus stated as if it were obvious.

"So, he still loves her, doesn't he?" She asked, looking at him.

He shook his head, "No. I've seen how he looks at you, he's falling for you. He hates Christine. At an alpha meeting not too long ago another alpha had said something about her cheating on him. He attacked the alpha and did the same thing that he had just done. He's reminded of the pain when someone says something about it. No one wants that type of pain."

Rosalie sighed, "He went after me, Cyrus. How am I supposed to trust him after this? I say one wrong thing and I'll be lying on my death bed."

"Rose, don't think like that. You know he would never purposefully hurt you."

"He just did! My throat still hurts from it and I'm pretty sure it's bruised! Isn't it?"

At the look on his face she nodded, "See? Anything could happen. Love can't stop everything."

He sighed, "Don't leave him."

"Why?"

"He was already rejected once, if he's rejected twice...either he will lash out on everyone or...himself." Cyrus whispered.

She stared at him for a few seconds before releasing a breath. "Even if I wanted to, I can't. I could never do that to him."

Silence fell over them for a while until she looked back at him. Her eyes shined with guilt. She saw the sorrow on his face as he stared at the ground.

"I didn't want to leave you, you know? It just hurt so damn much that I....I couldn't handle it." She murmured.

He looked at her with a sad smile, "It's my fault. I am truly sorry for that, I never wanted to hurt you."

"I know." She smiled.

Cyrus sighed, "Don't leave him."

With that, he kissed her on he forehead and walked away. She frowned at his retreating form.

"I won't." She whispered.

Dimitri struggled against his brothers, but as the hour passed by he grew tired. He stopped fighting and relaxed, his anger slowly disappearing.

"You okay now?" Xavier questioned.

Dimitri didn't say anything, he only nodded. As his brothers let him go he slowly sat up.

"She's afraid of me now." He stated.

Xander swallowed, "No, just...shocked."

"Don't lie to me. I almost...I could have killed her." His voice cracked as he thought of what he could have done. "Make sure she stays away from me."

"What? Why?" Xavier asked.

He looked down, "So I don't hurt her."