Chapter 8

Tay's Point of View.

I stirred softly, groggily opening my eyes as I the bus bumped every few seconds. I sat up slowly and glanced down, jumping when I saw Alex asleep. "Fuck, no." I whispered. There was no way. How did I end up here? I know I'd fallen asleep on the couch.
Slowly, I tried to take his hand off of my waist without waking him. This resulted in him tightening his grip and pulling me back down onto his chest. I held my breath, not wanting him to wake up and get into another fight. Bringing my head around to glance at his face, I saw a smug smile on his face as his eyes closed.
"I know you're awake." I muttered.
His eyes opened and his mouth tugged up into a bigger smile. "Your point?"
"Let me go." I said as I tugged at his arm again, a little rougher now that I didn't have to worry about waking him up.
Alex's reaction was just to tighten his grip a little and shake his head. "Nah, I like it like this." he chuckled.
"Alex, I'm serious. I said don't touch me." I said, keeping my voice low.
"Oh, I didn't touch you. You were the one cuddling into me last night." he smirked.
"I'm sure." I said sarcastically. "Let go."
"No."
"Yes."
"No."
I groaned loudly and pinched his arm, receiving a gasp from him and I smiled at him innocently. "Oops."
Alex glared down at me. "Why can't you just admit it?" he asked frustratedly.
"Admit what?" I asked, confused, and stopped fighting for a minute.
"That you can't get me out of your head. You kissed back for a second before you pushed me away. Just fucking admit it!" he said, voice gradually rising and I sputtered a laugh.
"There's no way I'd admit that, because it's not true!" I hissed and he finally released me.
"Fine, whatever you say. We both know the truth, I just have the balls to admit it." he said with a glint of humor in his eyes. I simply rolled mine.
"Yeah, okay. We'll pretend you have a package big enough." I snorted and slid from the bunk. "Don't go through my bag, either." I growled as I turned and went to the front, grabbing some clothes and slamming the bathroom door.
He was fucking with me, he had to be. I couldn't have, wouldn't have kissed back. The butterflies in my stomach told me otherwise, though. Pushing the thoughts of Alex out of my head, I started the water and got into the shower. I had a show tonight and I was not ready to let him fuck with my thoughts and ruin my show.

Alex's Point of View.

I stayed in my bunk for a while, face buried in the pillow. I could still smell Tay's shampoo and perfume on it, and I couldn't help but wish I were still lying with her. She had kissed back, no matter how much she denied it. As if on cue, I started humming Kiss Me Again. The song had been stuck in my head for the past few days, even before the tour had started. Then I got the idea.
I reluctantly put the pillow down, smiling a little as I reminded myself that if my plan worked, I wouldn't just need to breathe in the remnants on the fabric; I could breathe it in while cuddling her, and kissing her. As I slid from my bunk and went to find Jordan on the couch, I nudged him gently.
"Jordan.." I hummed softly, trying to wake him up without startling him.
Jordan groaned lightly and flipped, opening his eyes half-way as his snoring seized. "What?" he mumbled.
"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked quietly.
Sighing, Jordan sat up. If he was still mad at me for kissing Tay, he didn't show it. "What?" he repeated.
I slowly sat down next to him, biting my lip. "I… I think I like Tay." I started, bracing myself for the reaction.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him tense up but he soon composed himself, acting as if it hadn't happened. "Okay… You're telling me this, why?"
I took a huge breath before letting my words flow. "I want to surprise her on stage during your set. Would you and I be able to work out an arrangement?"
Jordan eyed me for a minute. "What kind of arrangement?" he asked, jaw clenching lightly.
"I was thinking that during Kiss Me Again, I could come on stage and sing with her, instead…" I said, trailing off and looking down.
Jordan was silent, and I watched the clock by the tv shift over the course of three minutes when he finally spoke. "Okay."
When I raised my gaze to look at him again, I'm sure the shock was evident on my features. "Okay?"
"Yeah, we can work that out. We usually close with it, so just be side stage when it starts." he shrugged. "I'll tell the guys."
"Don't tell Tay! I want it to be a surprise." I said instantly, worried.
"I won't. I meant I'd tell Cam, Mike and Rob." he said and stood.
"Thanks, man. I appreciate it." I gave him a huge grin. He waved it off and went to the back. I heard the shower stop and tensed up a little, knowing Tay was about to come out.
If this surprise doesn't sway her, I don't know what will.