Chapter 6

Tay's Point of View.

I was nearly asleep again when I heard someone come towards the bunk and peel back the curtain.

"Hey, Jack." I greeted and sat up a little. "You want the bunk?"

 Jack shook his head, giving me a smile. "No, just wanted to make sure you're okay. You stormed off this morning and I was worried."

I smiled softly at him and rubbed my arm. "No, I'm alright. Thank you." Jack was so sweet, and I didn't really give him any reason to act like that towards me.

 Jack motioned for me to make some room and sat next to me, letting an arm rest on my shoulders. "Look, I know you and Alex don't get along, but can't you guys get along on the mutual interest of music?"

 Letting out a soft sigh, I leaned into Jack. Somehow, he was starting to feel like a brother to me. "I'm sorry Jack. I have been trying, he just can't take a hint." I mumbled.

 "I'll have a talk with him," Jack suggested.

 "It's okay, but thank you. It won't do anything anyway." I sighed.

 "Suit yourself," he shrugged and rubbed my back gently. "It's almost 6, do you want dinner?" He asked.

 "It's been that long?" I inquired, shocked. "Wow. Yeah, dinner sounds good."

 "I don't think we're stopping, but we've got some frozen meals in the freezer."

 "Alright, thanks Jay." I said with a genuine smile and went to make something to eat.

 As I rummaged through the freezer and finally settled on something, my mind wandered over to Alex. I just couldn't get past how mad he could make me. He had a lot of nerve, teasing me about sleeping in the same bunk as him.

 The microwave let out a beep and I pulled my steaming meal from it and took it to the table. As if my thoughts had conjured him, in popped Alex. I groaned audibly and watched as he sat across from me.

 "Why can't you just let me be for 10 minutes?" I asked, appalled.

 "You're on my bus," he reminded me. "As if I could forget," I muttered. "It's not like its my fault my bus broke down. Trust me, I'd rather be walking."

 He watched me for a minute and I found it almost impossible to pull away from his gaze. "Are we really incapable of talking without getting into a stupid argument?" He asked, crossing his arms as he glared at me.

 Mimicking his posture, I crossed my arms and copied his facial expression. "Look, Alex. I tried to be cool about this whole tour thing, despite the fact that I constantly want to rip your head off. But do you understand how hard it is to stay calm when you're constantly hovering, making those comments and that annoying smug look you always seem to have?" My voice was steadily rising at this point and he was shocked silent.

 "Tay, you've hated me from the moment we met, and I didn't do anything to provoke you. Why is that?" he asked after a while.

 I sputtered a laugh. "Are you fucking kidding me? Take a fucking look at yourself. You are an asshole, to everyone. You're arrogant and vain, and it drives me crazy." I ranted as he stood up and got closer to me.

 "Is that really what you think, Tay-Tay?" he asked with a small smirk.

 I took a step back and ran into the table. "Yes, it is. And don't call me 'Tay-Tay'." I snapped and was abruptly cut off by his lips pressed to mine. My eyes widened in shock and I shoved him away from me with force, satisfied as he saw him stumbling back. "What the fuck, Alex?" I shouted at him as Jack and Jordan ran into the room.

 "What's going on?" Jordan demanded as he took in my pale face and narrowed gaze.

 "I'll tell you what's going on. He fucking kissed me." I growled, not taking my eyes from Alex. "I don't give a shit about what Ziggy has to say, as soon as we get to the next city, I'm getting a rental until the bus is fixed." I fumed, fists clenched so hard my nails were digging into my palms.

 Jordan went over to me and put a hand on my shoulder to calm me down. "It's fine, Tay. Don't do that, you can take my couch." he said in my ear before shooting a warning glance at Alex.

 I just shook my head and stepped away. I was angry, and I didn't want to do anything I'd regret. "No, Jordan. I don't care about that. I'm getting my own ride." I said before going to the bathroom and slamming the door before locking it, sliding my back against the door. Subconsciously, my fingers found their way to my lips, ghosting over the spot Alex's lips were less than 5 minutes ago. The tingling sensation remained as my stomach did painful somersaults.

 "This cannot be happening."