Chapter 2

Tay's Point of View.  

  I was almost asleep when I felt the bus give a small lurch and bumped a little before coming to a complete stop. I pulled the headphones out of my ears and pulled back the curtain.   

"What's going on?" I asked no one in particular. Receiving no answer, I slid from my bunk and went to the front to see that everyone was gathered outside the bus. Frowning slightly, I stepped off the bus and went to stand next to Rob. "What's going on?" I asked again.

  "The bus broke down.." Rob groaned and rubbed his neck frustratedly. 

  "Alright, someone call the guys and tell 'em we need to ride with them for a bit." our tour manager said, annoyed.   I froze and glanced at Jordan worriedly who just shrugged in response.

"You mean, like, the guys of All Time Low..?" I asked after a minute, hoping I was wrong.  

"Well, yeah.. We don't have much other choice until the bus can be fixed." our tour manager said as he gave me a weird look.   

"Fuck," I muttered to myself and stomped back onto the bus.  

"Grab your bags, guys. We might be on for a day or two." Ziggy said, the words echoed to my position on my bunk. I didn't care, I wrapped my arms around my chest tightly and tried not to cry. This couldn't be happening, not right now.  

My curtain was ripped aside and I saw Jordan sitting there and instantly crashed into his arms. He wrapped his around me and hugged me for a second. "Tay, calm down. It's not going to be that bad, it's just while our bus is getting fixed." he soothed. I nodded softly and pulled back, biting my lip as he gave me a reassuring smile. I tried to return it, but all I could manage was a small grimace, so I gave up and he sighed. "Just back your bag, you'll be okay."  

Sighing, I gave in and started grabbing my stuff, including my pillow. They better have an extra bunk or I'm sleeping on the floor.   

I took my stuff to the front and set it near the door before collapsing on the couch and resting my head on Jordan's shoulder. He patted my back gently and gave me a smile. We sat like that for a while until we saw Rian and Zack pop up at the door.  

"Hey, let's get your stuff moved over." Rian said and went to grab some of the bags by the door. I didn't really have a problem with any of the other guys, it was just Alex. But, by affiliation, I was still pretty weary around them. 

  "I can take my own bags." I murmured and stood up to take the bag from Rian's hand. He gave me a weird look that I ignored and brushed past them and headed over to All Time Low's bus, rolling my eyes as a smirking Alex blocked my path onto the bus.   

"Looks like you're stuck with me." he grinned.  

"Yeah, yippee-kay-fucking-ay," I muttered and tried to step around him, but he moved with me, continuing to block me from getting on the bus. "Move," I said impolitely.

  "Not with that attitude," he chuckled, crossing his arms and leaning against the door to the bus. I groaned and grabbed his arm to yank him out of the way but he grabbed my arm first. 

  "Don't touch me." I said, trying desperately to keep my calm. God, how I wanted to wipe that fucking smirk off his face.

  He opened his mouth to speak when Jordan showed up, metaphorically saving the day, and I breathed a sigh of relief. "Hey man, don't make this tougher than it needs to be, we're already stressed about the bus," he said with a small chuckle. I glanced at him, silently thankful he was being so calm about it, since my hands were shaking as I gripped my bag and tried not to rip Alex's head off.   Alex rolled his eyes playfully and moved out of the way, And Jordan placed a hand on my back as he gave me a gentle push onto the bus. I sighed softly and set my bag and pillow down on the couch, looking around. Their bus was pretty nice, I had to admit that. I glanced back towards where the bunks were and Alex let out another annoying chuckle. 

  "There's no empty bunks, just the three couches. I'm willing to share though," he winked cockily and I rolled my eyes at him.   

"Good fucking luck," I muttered and leaned against the couch's armrest gently. 

  "No offence or anything, Tay. But I'm taking that couch seeing as it's the biggest and I'm the tallest one here," Jordan said with an apologetic smile. I let out a soft sigh and grabbed my bags again. 

  "It's cool, I'll just take the one in the back." I said quietly and went back to see that Mike and Cameron had already claimed the two free bunks, and Rob was setting up a small bed on the floor next to them. I turned to the front where Jordan was, opening my mouth to object, when I saw a smug Alex, arms crossed, standing behind me.

 "Guess you have to bunk with me after all," he chuckled and I shook my head quickly.  

"No way in hell." I growled and pushed past him, reasoning to lay on the floor next to Jordan's couch when I remembered his snoring habits. But at this point, I really didn't care that his snoring was loud enough to wake the dead. Anything was better than sharing a bed with Alexander William Gaskarth. I started to set up my makeshift bed on the floor next to the couch when the bus driver came back and gave me an apologetic look. What now?  

"Sorry, but you can't set up there.. It's a fire hazard," he explained and crossed his arms. 

  "What? No, it's just for a day. Please?" I begged desperately, and he just shook his head.   "One day is all it takes," he sighed.  

I frowned, feeling the stubborn tears rising to my eyes again and looked down as I started to pick up my stuff again. Satisfied, the driver went back to the wheel and took his seat. I sat by Jordan's feet and leaned my head back, exhausted. 

  "I'm sorry, Tay." he said quietly. "You can take the couch, I'll bunk with one of the guys." he offered.  

I really, really did want to take him up on that offer, but I felt too guilty. He shouldn't have to do that for me, especially since his size would be impossible to fit in the same bunk as any of the other guys. That, and his atrocious snoring would wake them up. "No, that's not fair. You're not going to fit in the tiny bunks with any of them. I'll just see if Jack or someone will share," I said softly.   "Are you sure?" Jordan asked, frowning. I nodded and turned to go find Jack reluctantly, trying to avoid Alex at all costs.  

"Hey, Jack?" I asked hesitantly when I found him talking to Cameron in the back. He turned and gave me a friendly smile.  

"Hey, Tay. What's up?" he asked.  

"Can we talk for a second?" I asked, biting my lip and twisting my nose ring gently. 

  "Sure," he nodded and lead me off the bus. "What is it?"  

"I hate to ask this of you, I know it's a lot. But, do you mind if I bunk with you for the night? The couches are taken and I'm not allowed to sleep on the floor and.." I trailed off, pleading with him.

Jack chuckled softly and nodded. "Yeah, of course you can." he grinned.  

"Thank you," I said and let out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding. I reached forward and pulled him into a hug that he happily returned. Jack shook his head with a smile and waved before going back to speak with Cam again.  

I started to walk back on the bus when a voice from behind me made me jump and whirl around quickly.

  "That desperate to get away from me?" Alex asked, his usually cocky expression gone from his face and there appeared to be something that almost seemed like hurt flashing in his eyes. Hurt? No, it couldn't be.  

"I'm not in the mood to fight right now," I said and turned back to the stairs. Alex grabbed my arm gently and turned me back around.  

"What's so bad about being around me? Can't resist my charm?" he smirked. There it was, the same Alex I knew and hated.  

"Yeah right," I scoffed and jerked my arm away from his grip before stomping back onto the bus and crawling into Jack's bed, closing the curtain tightly.