Six

"Deep breaths" I whispered to myself as I walked toward my first period class. Allison and Scott are both in this class. Stiles is too... and who knows what would happen if he found out. When I got to the door I closed my eyes and whispered "Stay away from Scott", took one last deep breath, and walked in with a smile. 

"Hey Mel!" Allison said.

"Hey guys!" I replied.

"Did you make it home safely last night?" Stiles asked. I gestured to my body and said 

"Nope I was mauled by a man eating squirrel." 

"Do I sense sarcasm?" he asked, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Not at all! Im serious!" I then proceeded to roll up my jeans and show him a cut on my ankle from carrying in boxes a week ago. Everyone laughed collectively and I just smiled as stiles mocked me mouthing "Im serious blah blah blaaah". I sat down at my desk and noticed that Scott wasn't even in the room. 

"Wheres Scott?" I asked. Stiles just kind of looked at his desk and Allison replied

"We're not sure. He's not texting back. Sick hopefully." I just nodded and turned back around as the bell rang. For the second day in a row I didn't hear a word of the lesson. All I could think about was Scott; where he was, what he was doing, and if he knew. Then, randomly, about halfway through class he strolled in looking exahusted. 

"Scott McCall explain yourself!" the teacher demanded. 

"Sorry, car trouble." He muttered as he sat down three seats behind me. I looked at Allison next to me who shrugged and mouthed 

"He rides a bike." Well shit. That can't be good. I tapped my foot nervously and tried to focus on the board but I could feel his eyes burning a hole in the back of my head. How could he possibly know... he couldn't. Not yet. Calm down.  When the bell rang I stood up and walked to the front of the class thinking Allison would follow, but she didn't. She walked back toward Scott. Fuck. I focused my hearing to my best ability and pulled out my phone, pretending to wait for her.

"Scott where were you?!" She asked.

"No where. I.... got in late." He said giving her a look. Stiles looked pissed and said 

"Scott you can't do that right now..."

"Stiles I had to talk to Derek. Its no big deal." He had to have talked to Derek after me... After he walked me home and...Bit me.

"We'll talk later." Allison said and then walked over to me. 

"Lets go."

"Sure." We started walking when I got a text. It read "Get out of there. I'm waiting." It was from an unknown number. 

"Uh hey I'm not feeling very well I'm going to go grab some tylenol out of my locker" I said.

"Sure, no problem! Feel better."

"Thanks, I might go home if I have to so don't wait up for me." 

"Okay!" and she walked off. I headed towards my locker before turning and heading out the front doors where he was waiting in the camaro. "Here we go." I thought and walked up to the car. The window rolled down and he said

"Get in." So I did. "Scott knows, and we have a pretty big problem."

"How big."

"You don't want to know."

"Yes I do!"

"Then I'm going to have to show you."