Rain Only Postpones Desolation (GirlXGirl)

Start from the beginning

"Hell yeah it hurts. I mean come on, really? My mom couldn't have gotten them like two weeks ago or something? Now the first week of school is going to be hell," Damien just had a boyish little smile on his face and I knew he wanted to laugh at my pain. I paused for a minute looking at his face, "You know what Damien, you can just suck it!"

"What did I do?" he tried not to laugh.

"You think it's funny and wanna laugh at me," I answered even though I knew he already knew.

He couldn't help but to laugh this time, "hahaha Stevie you sound funny, and I'm sorry but I had to go through the same thing in 8th grade and it's nice seeing it happening to someone else for a change." I just smiled at him and punched him in the arm. "Oww that hurt!"

"No it didn't you big baby." He put on a puppy dog face trying to convince me otherwise. I just pushed him and we both laughed. We continued the rest of the way to our first period in silence. We figured out that we had Pre calculus, English 3, Chemistry, 11th grade Tutorial, and Computer apps together. The only classes I didn't have with that boy were Body Toning and Spanish 3. After staring at the smart bored in Math class, we finally realized we were on opposite sides of the room. We didn't mind so much on account we loved passing notes to each other.

Trying to get to my seat, I hadn't seen a cord on the ground that was attached to an outlet on one end and a fan on the other. Not watching where I was going, I tripped on the cord, knocking over the fan and falling smacking my face on the floor. As the fan was falling, it had blown all the papers off of my teacher, Mr. Trenkit's desk. All of the sudden I felt a liquid running down my nose. I put my hand up to see that it was bleeding.

Trying to stop my nose from bleeding everyone surrounded me. I wasn't surprised. People as clumsy as me didn't come along very often. I looked up to see a hand held out to help me up. As I stood up receiving the help, I noticed it wasn't Damien who was the one helping me up. He would have gotten to me before anyone else if he hadn't have been for him sitting across the room. It was actually a girl I had never met coming to my aid. Not even a second later Damien was right next to me asking if I was alright. I was a bit dizzy so I didn't respond to his question.

"Mr. Trentik, do you want me to take her to the nurse?" I heard a voice say and realized it was coming from the girl who had helped me to my feet. Mr. Trantik was actually standing outside when it happened and had just walked in the room when the girl had asked him.

"What happened here?" He asked having missed every bit of it. "Stevie, sweetie, are you ok?" He knew my name because he was my 10th grade tutorial teacher last year.

Trying to focus on the words that had just came out of his mouth that sounded scrambled to me because I was still dizzy, I responded with, "Umm, can you repeat the question?" All of the sudden I was at in an ambulance. I herd a man say we were on the way to the hospital. My vision was blurry now and I could only make out that there were four figures surrounding me. I knew one of them was Damien because I heard his voice. I still felt very confused though.

We had just arrived at the hospital and, I think it was a doctor, asked me a series of questions. "Are you having trouble seeing? Dizziness or nausea of any sort?" I think I answered yes , but I was still very confused and didn't know what was going on. I heard my mother's voice and the sound of footsteps as the voice got closer to me. I felt her arms wrap around me and put me into a hug.

"I'll be right back, I need to go talk to the Doctor," she sounded worried when she said these words. It looked as if they had walked out of the room into the hallway leaving the door open. I couldn't make out what they were saying. Some words were still sounding like a different language to me. It sounded as if they were speaking Latin or something. The only word I did actually hear correctly was concussion. I began to get really scared. I still couldn't see, felt like throwing up, and didn't know what was going on. My mother and the Doctor walked back into the room. I started to feel a bit tired and wanted to go to take a nap.