Chapter 23: Closer Than You Think

Start from the beginning

"Awesome thinking." I compliment his ability.

"Yeah, I totally forgot you could do that." Bulma smiles.

"Oh, it's no big deal." Dende humbles himself.

"Hmm, so you mentioned the kid was using a device earlier, right? What is it?" Dad asks.

Everyone looked to the guardian for answers.

"He uses a very special and dangerous device sort of weapon; its name is The Minorikai. A machinery disguised as a bracelet or watch on a person's wrist."

"How about you tell us the real truth, Namekian." Vegeta steps forward with a grunt.

"I am telling the truth."

"The Minorikai cannot be in the hands of a human! That's not possible!"

"You know something about this thing, Vegeta?" Dad places his hands on his hips and tilts his head.

"Tch." The prince scowls, "You should've been told about this decades ago, but you've been here your whole life."

Piccolo frowned, "The Minorikai was created by a very scientific race a long time ago back when even Eternal was alive. All I've heard about it was that it indeed is a weapon of mass destruction and can only be wielded by a special user."

"Kinda like Wisheater..." Tania spoke in a depressing matter.

I rub her back to comfort her since her sword was not in her possession any longer for the moment.

"Who knows? Maybe Wisheater and The Minorikai was made by the same group of people?" Bulma spoke.

"I don't know..." Krillin replies.

Dende went further explaining the abilities he knows the device could do, but only a couple; He ordered to not take a very forceful action towards my classmate and to wait patiently for the right moment to take a safer action in removing The Minorikai off of Ren's wrist. He gave some more important information before he let us go.

Many of the others left while Dad, Tania, Piccolo, and I stayed on the lookout.

"Tania, you doing okay?" Dende approaches the girl.

"Er... I'm just pretty upset about Wisheater." She tells the guardian of earth.

"Don't worry, Wisheater will be back in your grasp in no time; Just be a bit more patient."

Tania nods slowly; In fact, she looked weakened.

"So Tania-" I was about to say something when my girlfriend cut me off.

"Sorry Gohan, but I gotta go now." She turns her back at me and everyone else, "See you guys later. Thanks for the information, Dende."

"Sure, no problem." He replies, "See ya."

Tania waves before jogging towards the edge of the lookout.

"Wait! Where you going?!" I attempt to chase after her only for Dad to place his hand on my shoulder.

I look back.

"Give her space, Son." He says.

I lower my gaze but nod anyway.

"Was Wisheater all that was bothering her?" Dende questions.

"No, there's been some drama here and there involving a classmate of ours; Videl Satan."

"Satan? Wait you mean Hercules kid?"

I nod, "She found out about our powers and her and Tania got into an argument over it. Tania took off and Videl blackmailed me into teaching her how to fly."

"Sounds like you got a lot on your shoulders." Dende chuckles.

"Yeah," I sigh, "It was a long day."

TANIA'S P.O.V

So it was him... Ren Satoru! He's the one who stole Wisheater from me and attacked Gohan and the school!

I flew full blast towards Orange Star High. Lunch was halfway over and my eyes quickly searched for Ren. I hovered over the roof where I normally see him hanging around when lunch is nearly over.

At first I didn't spot him because of the side he was on; He would normally be on the left side of the roof but this time, he was on the right.

That device on his wrist was easy to notice and just looking at it made my blood boil.

He knew where my sword was! He knew! This entire time...

Blinded by rage, I swoop in and swing my leg around. Ren's eyes widened and he hopped back away from the side of the building.

"Where's Wisheater?!" I yell.

"What are you talking about? Who the hell is that?" He responds.

I crack my fists and take a few steps toward my enemy.

"You think you're so slick using that device on your wrist to attack innocent people while hiding in the shadows, huh?"

The blonde looked bewildered but then smiled, "What are you talking about? You okay?"

"Don't give me that! The Minorikai is what it's called, isn't it?! Why would you be so mess up and endanger everyones lives with that thing?"

"I don't know where you got your information, but don't go charging at me like some wild animal," Ren responds negatively, "I don't need you crossing my path on your own. However, you did remind me of something."

With the hand that held his device firmly, Ren aimed it at me and a ball of energy formed out of it.

"If I kill you, a life will be restored back to health. She won't die of her sickness."

----
A/N- The end of this chapter... I didn't add any pictures on this cause I couldn't think of what to put but I'll probably add one on the next one. Things are escalating quickly though :) hope you guys liked this chappie :3

Pls comment and vote