"Oh, like you don't know what you're doing," Ashton scoffed. "You flirt with her like fucking crazy yet she's too blind to see it and get it through her head."

"Ashton, just stop. Don't make Luke out to be a bad guy here." I said. "Can we just talk about this in private?" 

"I think I just need to go," Ashton said, combing his fingers through his hair and shaking his head.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Charlie asked eagerly as he walked past her.

"No, I just need to get out of here," and he walked out.

She looked back at me and walked towards me, her face only inches away from mine. "I don't know what your problem is, or why Ashy even likes you but back off and leave us alone. Things were fine before you showed up."

"I'm sorry, but don't you think Ashton would have gotten together with you already if he liked you? Especially considering the fact that you've known each other since practically birth?" I said, repeating her words.

Her eyes burned with anger and she breathed harshly on to me. "Just stay out of my way."

"Only if you stay out of mine," I smiled cooly. I'd honestly had it with her. She stood in front of me for another second before turning around and out of Starbucks.

I let out a shaky breath. Luke came around and stood where Charlie just was and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" he asked, looking me in the eyes.

I shook my head. "Do you think he's going to break up with me?" I said quietly.

"He'd be foolish to even consider it. Just give him some time cool off. He's gotten angry like this before. He just needs time."

"I'm sorry he brought you into this," I said.

"It's okay. It doesn't bother me because it's just like getting in a fight with a brother."

"I guess that's a good way to look at it."

"Yeah. How about we go grab a quick bite to eat for dinner, calm you down a bit and try texting him after. Sound good?" He offered.

"I guess, yeah. But what if he doesn't text back?" I asked.

"Don't think about that right now, okay? C'mon, let's go eat."

-------------

We walked to the Nando's that was in the plaza and talked about everything whilst we ate.

"What I just don't understand is how he doesn't see it!" I said as I finished my last bite of grilled chicken.

"See what?" Luke asked.

"How she likes him! I'm still stumped on it. Also how he makes you look like you're trying to make the moves on me! I just don't understand why he gets so upset about our friendship because it'd just be absurd if he was jealous." I shook my head.

Luke looked down at his plate, fumbling his fork around his leftover food as I spoke. "Yeah," he said softly.

"What?" He looked up with a puzzled expression. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" 

"Well you sounded upset just now...." I said.

"No, I'm fine," he smiled slightly and looked back down at his plate. 

"Luke," I said, unconvinced. "What's wrong?"

He sighed. "We better get going. It's starting to get late. I'll walk you back to your house." He stood up and left a pile of money on the table. 

"No, it's fine. I'll walk back by myself," I said, grabbing my grocery bags.

"Jules, it's almost dark. I'd be stupid to let you walk home alone," he insisted.

"The house is only a few blocks down. Thanks for staying with me today, though. It really means a lot." I smiled and reached for a hug.

"Of course, any time Juliette," he said in my ear as we hugged. "Are you sure you're fine walking home alone? Because I don't mind."

"It's all good, Lukey. I think I just need to be alone right now if anything and think. I'll talk to you later and thank you for dinner!" I waved good-bye and started walking home.

I couldn't even tell what I was upset about at this point, my mind was in such a daze from everything. I wasn't even mad at Ashton until he pretty much said he didn't trust me with Luke. It was all stupid Charlie that had set me off. Her and her arm groping and "Ashy" talk. Just thinking about it made me want to puke and punch her in the face. 

I shook the thought out of my head and tried to calm myself down. 

What I didn't understand why he said he believed me when I said for the hundredth time that Luke and I were just friends, when he clearly didn't? It hurt me knowing he didn't trust me and thought I'd even think about going after Luke when I had already had him.

I sighed, approaching the Breyers' house. I looked up as I got closer and noticed a car; Ashton's candy red Chevy.