XXVI. Caramel Creamer

But don't burn out even if you scream and shout. It'll come back to you and I'll be here for you.

The pain. That was all I could feel when I regained consciousness. It was searing through my sides and my ribcage.

"Ow. Ow." My voice came out croaky and hoarse.  I pushed myself to open my eyes. The sight around me almost brought me to tears.

Niall and Harry were at one side and my mom and dad were at the other. They were all sleeping and I tried to shake the bed to get them to wake up.

I turned around and tried not to hurt myself looking for the nurses button. I grunted and groaned every time I would move and it would give me pain. I heard someone take a big inhale and I turned to see Harry opening his eyes. "Harry."

"Abilene! Don't move." Harry got up and ran out of the room. I've never noticed it but he looks like a giraffe trying to walk in stilettos.

A nurse came rushing in with Harry and he was calling her "Sam".

"Hi Abilene. I am your night nurse, Sam. Can you follow my finger?" She moved her finger around and Harry sat back down and held my hand. I played with the rings on his fingers trying to distract myself from the pain shooting out of my body when she touched the bandaging around my stomach.

I sucked in a sharp breath and she apologized. My dad started to wake up due to his loud runging of his phone and he instinctively reached for it. His eyes opened and he jumped up. "Salma! Salma! Bebeen! (look!)"

My mom groaned and she opened her eyes. "Ay voy. Abilene are you okay, jooneman (my love)? How are you feeling?"

Sam checked my IV's and left. "I've been better." She nodded pitifully. "It's snowing." my mom pulled up the curtain and I smiled.

"Should we wake up Niall?" Harry asked. "I think we should let him sleep."  Harry nodded and he squeezed my hand to let me know he was here.

"I'm going to go get coffee, does anyone want any?" My dad stood up and said. He kissed my head and waited.

"I'll have some but--" Harry started

"He'll have a vanilla latte with a shot of that caramel creamer." I laughed at my joke and stopped when the pain started again.

Harry glared at me and got up. "I'll just come with you." He nodded at my dad. They left the room and I looked at Niall. He was sleeping peacefully and his hands were on my bed with his head between them.

"He really loves you."

"Mom I'm only 17." I tried to save myself.

"I know, I've never seen anything like it. I usually wouldn't approve of such a thing but these past few days have proved me wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"Niall came and checked on you the night you were hospitalized. You hadn't answered him and he got worried. He saw your dad and I rushing into the car and he wouldn't give up until we told him what happened. I tried to get him to go home but he wouldn't budge.

"We all came to the hospital, it was late. We had been here for about 7 hours and we were told we couldn't stay here anymore. Niall used his 'perks' as a way to kick Tabitha out and get us a room for the night until you got moved into a room."

"Wait-- Tabitha?" I questioned.

"Yes, but that is Niall's story to tell."

As is he was on cue, Niall started to move around and he lifted his head. "Hi baby." he said and smiled.

_____________

It had been about 6 hours I had been up. The snow had stopped but it was freezing. There had been the occasional laughter but they decided that my stitching would break if I laughed hard. I called Brandon and being the drama queen that he is, he caused a scene.

Brandon dropped his potted plant when he walked into my room. "Oh my f.uck is that Harry Styles? It can't be. Maybe I need to admit myself. I'm becoming schizophrenic." 

But you should have seen his face when he saw Harry. Brandon believes he is Harry. So that was interesting. Boy oh boy.

"Brandon once threw and aluminum can at some girl because she commented about my eyebrows." I added to the conversation about Brandon. Everyone bursted out in laughter

"I remember," my mom started, "one time Brandon came with me to the grocery store and bought eggs. He egged this boy's house on the ride home." My mom couldn't stop laughing. "I asked him why and he said because the guy was a jerk to One Direction."

Niall lost it at this point. He was dying of laughter. All of a sudden I hear a laughter that is not my parents or Harry and Niall's.

It was Tabitha's. "What are we laughing at?"

"You." Brandon said under his breath. I swatted him and he growled.

"How are you, Niall? I haven't seen you in a few hours." she said.

"Oh I'm great. Thanks for asking." I said and scoffed.

"Don't be silly! I was getting to you!" she joked and I raised my eyebrow. Niall leaned back in his chair and Harry put his hand under his chin as if he was thinking of how much bigger the web she's spinning can get.

"Oh my god! And Harry Styles!" she ran over to him and tried to sit next to him.

"B.itch if you touch him I will shave off your hair so quick that you will think that you are Brittney Spears in 2007." Brandon seethed from my bedside.

She quickly got up and rubbed her hands on his jeans. "So, Abilene, how did you get these great catches? If you and Niall are in a open relationship, I'm single." she wiggled her eyebrows.

That is it. "Nurse!" I shouted and Niall pushed the nurses button for me. He and I made eye contact and we knew what to do. Niall jumped to my side and started shouting as a nurse walked in.

"I don't know her! She just ran in here and said that she was my friend! I don't know her! Stranger!" I  shouted and Niall started to cover me. "Get her out of here!" Niall shouted.

The nurse screamed for security as she tried to push Tabitha out of my room. "What, Abilene!" I blewa kiss to her as she got pulled away.

Niall quickly kissed my lips before my parents turned back around. We high fived and he kissed my hand.

"Sh.it, you guys are the real actors."

_______________________________

The picture is how I imagine Harry and Nialls faces when Tabitha walks into the room.

LOVE YALL