VII

Thank you for reading! Hope everyone likes it.

Sorry for the delay, there's still drama going on, a bit of a Blackest Day vibe.
I'll try to update the next one sooner.

--

"I don't understand, why can't you just let me go?!"

Marina asked her mother as the two of them were sitting on the couch one afternoon talking, about the only thing they would talk lately, how Marina insistently wanted to go back to London and her mother wouldn't let her.

"Honey I thought you were happy here. Why would you want to go back all of the sudden?" her mother asked, Marina couldn't tell the truth, so she did what was most familiar to her lately she lied.

"Mom please, I hate it in here, when you married Rob we talked and you said I only had to stay if I wanted to, and I don't want to." Marina insisted.

"I know things can seem bad now, I mean, did you and Calvin broke up? I haven't seen him around in a while..."

Marina rolled her eyes. "Mom, I don't wanna talk about it, just please let me go back to London, I'll finish high school there, I'll be all right I promise, please?"

"I'm sorry Marina, I can't let you do that. I can't just let you drop your whole life here and go back to London on your own."

Marina sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "Ok mom, what about my dad? He told me he's in LA, can I go live with him then?"

Just then her mother made a disappointed face, she wasn't aware that Marina was knew where her ex-husband was, much less that she was in contact with him.

"How do you know your father is in LA?"

Marina fidgeted a little before answering. "I called him a few days back; I wanted to see if I could go stay with him..."

"Marina darling, I need you to tell me what happened... Because I'm sure you remember how awful your father was to us, how he treated us... So for you to reach out to him, something bad must've happened, can't you just tell me?"

She looked at her mother with a blank face for a few seconds, until her mother reached out and touched her hands. "Honey please, tell me what's wrong, whatever it is I can help you."

"Look mom, what's wrong is that I wanna leave this house and you won't let me!" Marina huffed before getting up. "Marina, I can't just do that without you even telling me why!"

Marina got up, walking from side to side in front of the couch, nervously running her fingers through her hair "I'm not happy here! Isn't that a good reason?! Shouldn't it just be enough?"

Just as she was done talking, Lana opened the door, coming back home from work, for the past few days they had barely exchanged words, except when it was absolutely necessary, and that was killing Lana, she wondered how they could go from loving each other to barely speaking terms in just a few days.

"Hi." Lana said, to both of them, as her mother answered Marina just sighed and went upstairs making a point to slam her door, her mother got up and went after her, she knocked on the door before opening it, Marina was sitting on the bed, playing with the edges of her shorts.

"Listen honey, I understand you're upset, but what you're asking for is a big decision, so here's what I can do, your birthday is just next week, let's just wait for it to pass and I'll talk to Rob ok? We'll see what we can do."

Marina nodded with a small smile. "Fine. Thanks."

"I know you are sad. But things are gonna get better, don't worry ok?" She pulled Marina to a hug and kissed the side of her head.