Day In Town

Elsi didnt have a nightmare. For the first time in years she had a good night sleep and she didnt understand why.

The girls took their time getting dressed to go out as the lack of sleep was getting to them. The reason for this was that they had not gone to sleep until about 3am the night before and you could tell from their sluggish movements.

Once the girls were finally presentable enough to be seen by the outside world they set off out into town for a day of window shopping and other teenage girl cliches.

Elsi smiled at her two best friends she didnt quite understand how he three just worked the way they did but she wasnt about to question it. As the trio walked down the high street they heard heart breaking sobs from their left.

Without a second thought they ran down the side road and found a boy about their age comforting a young girl who couldnt have been older than five. "Whats wrong sweetie?" Elsi asked kneeling next to the raven haired boy. The little girl looked at her and broke down into tears again.

"I found her just stood here crying. When i asked her what was wrong she said she had lost her mum and then broke down. I didnt know what to do then you three showed up" the boy rambed clearly distressed by the events.

Elsi nodded her head to the boy then turned her attention back to the girl. "Whats your name huh?" she asked the small girl. "Its um... Leah-Marie" she muttered hiding her face behind her strawberry blonde hair.

Autumn knelt beside me "I have an idea Leah... why dont we walk around town for a bit and see if we can find your mummy." The little girl nodded her head.

Standing up Elsi took Leahs hand and started walking back towards the main street. "Are you gonna come with us..." she stalled "Jacob... my names Jacob and yeah I want to make sure shes okay." He smiled shyly.

The group wandered around the town for a bit and after buying Leah an icecream they saw a short woman with black hair run towards them and swept the little girl up in her arms sighing with relief. "MUMMY!" Leah cried happily. The woman who was obviously her mother held her tightly "Never ever run off like that again you had me absolutely petrified.

The woman turned to the group "Thank you so much for looking after my little girl. I dont know what i would have done if i hadnt found her." Elsi giggled "We couldnt just leave her looking so sad. However you should really be thanking Jacob hes the one that found her."

The woman smiled gratefully at the boy. "Thank you all so much. Come on sweety nannas gonna be looking for us" she said to Leah and walked away from the group.

Dani turned towards the boy "So Jacob. I dont recognise you and i know everyone in this town. So are you new? Just visiting? On a murder spree" The boy stared at her alarmed. "Im staying with my dad for a few months. They just seperated which is the reason Ive never been here before. He just moved here."

Autumn giggled "Well it was lovely meeting you Jacob but we have to get going. We will probably see you at school though." Jacob grinned at the girls. "See ya at school then ladies." He said bowing before heading off.

"Well... that was an eventful day." Dani stated and the trio headed back to Elsi's house.