Chapter 4: The Bus Incident

Start from the beginning

"Scott, it's not your fault." I say as the blood starts to slow. 

"But if I--"

"Nothing would have changed." I say, looking into his guilt-ride eyes. 

"You think so?" He asks.

"I know so." I smile slightly. His eyes twinkle as he smiles back, hopefully believing me. I watch as his eyes scan my face before settling on my lips. Mine find their way to his lips and back to his eyes which are intent on my lips. 

He starts to lean in and I let him. Slowly but surely, our noses touch and sparks fly through the contact. He glances back up at my eyes before pressing his lips to mine. I melt into the kiss immediately,  bringing my hand to his neck. His hands find their way to my waist and tug me closer to him. 

We finally pull apart and look into each other's eyes, our breath mixing. I stare it his brown eyes, waiting for him to say something. "Was that--?" He asks, looking at my lips for a brief second. "Was that ok?"

For a second, I don't answer, getting lost in his eyes. He starts to shift uncomfortably, probably thinking that it wasn't. "Uhh..." I say lamely, looking back at his lips, before slamming mine against his. 

He dives right back in, hands in my hair as I scoot closer. I pull away and lean my forehead against his. "Does that answer your question?" I ask, cracking a smile. 

"We should-- we should go upstairs." He says. 

Oh god yes, I think, looking into his eyes. He laughs slightly before I ask, "Did I say that out loud?"

"The 'Oh god yes'? Yeah, you did." He laughs, watching my face grow red from embarrassment. 

We both stand up and head to his room. The moment I close the door, Scott's lips are on mine again, pushing me against the door. I moan involuntarily into the kiss as my hands move to his neck and hair. 

He breaks apart and starts to trail kisses down my neck to my collar bone. I gasp in delight, tangling my hands in his hair. He comes back up and kisses the sides of my mouth, making me giggle. He pulls apart and looks at me, making me come to my senses. "Are you sure?" I ask, not sure if he wants to continue. 

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" He asks, cocking his head to the side. I smile slightly before he says. "I just need to be sure that you're here. Like actually and completely here." He slams his lips back on mine as his hands trail down---

"So is that whole 'not letting them out of your sight' thing literal or a more general rule?" Lydia asks, bringing me out of my flashback. 

"Why?" I ask, shaking my head, pushing my thoughts out of my mind. 

"You're running on fumes." Allison says. 

"Uch!" I sigh, looking at the dashboard. 

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this Toyota." Lydia comments. 

"What if we stop?" I ask.

"Is it that big of a deal?" Allison asks.

"I mean, we lose them. We know where they're headed." Lydia adds. 

"You didn't see him." I say, looking at both of them seriously. 

"I know who started it." Lydia mutters. 

"Is that what Aiden told you?" Allison asks. 

"Aiden?" Lydia rolls her eyes before her face lights up. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second. Is that why you guys invited me on this whole little road trip thing?" We both stay silent. "Oh my gosh. You're keeping an eye on them, and me."