Chapter 17: The Return

He couldn't care less that as soon as he stepped in, all eyes were on him and within a few seconds the loud chattering had gone completely silent in the Grand Hall. People stopped eating and stared with uncertainty and fear at Draco.
If he gave a fuck, he would've yelled at them. Or he might've sneered and said "My father will hear about this!"

Right. His father. He won't be able to hear nothin' now.
His stomach clenched.

He darted across the room, ignoring the questions and the stares. He tried very hard not to think of Harry bleeding to death and his father being killed by dementors.

The Ravenclaws were looking at him with fascination and curiosity as he walked by, while the Hufflepuffs watched, biting their nails. The Gryffindors were simply too shocked to speak, while some whispered
"Is that Draco?"
"It can't be!"
"Why did he come back?"

The Slytherins were cheering and calling his name. He caught a glimpse of Blaise and Pansy across the all the other heads.
They looked at him, without much emotions showing. Draco felt a pang of sadness ring in him. He didn't realize how much his sudden disappearance would've affected them. Did they feel betrayed? Confused? Relieved? He wished he had time to talk to them, to apologize. But this was no time for tea.

Colin Creevey ran up and started rudely taking pictures of him without permission.
"D-Draco Malfoy! We have so much questions to ask you!"
Draco's patience was slipping.
The boy didn't change at all. His caramel coloured hair and still prebubescent voice was still as puncheable as always. He fumbled his robe for a quill and a pen before bombarding Draco with questions, mainly asking him where he's been and if he's still a death eater.
Fuck, this kid needed to move. Draco tried to step away but Colin circled in front of him, blocking his path and pressed eagerly for answers.
If this was how it felt to be famous, he could almost feel sorry for Potter. Anger and frustration bubbled up inside him like a steaming cauldron before he finally had enough and gave a sturdy punch to Colin's stomach. The poor kid dropped his quill and paper and hunched over grabbing his belly as Draco walked past him.

He turned and walked a few step before accidentally bumped into a something solid.

...