Chapter 3: Hide n' Seek

The following days has been even more frustrating. The fact that his mind wouldn't stop replaying Lucius's complex expression over and over again. His mid-length pale hair and his tired looks. Harry was certain he was up to something, and it surely isn't any good plans. Ron and Hermione took notice of Harry's strange behavior.
When they've sat down to eat in the common room, Hermione confronted him.

"Harry," she began.

He didn't look up from his book. He had been balls-deep buried into it for the last few weeks. At first, Hermione was quite glad Harry finally picked up a book. But throughout the day, Harry's skittish behaviours and withdrawl had made his friends suspicious.
After a few moments of silence, Harry mumbled "Busy, Hermione."
Hermione huffed a sigh of frustration. "Harry, would you stop being like that!"

"Being like what?" He says without taking his eyes off the page.
"Whenever you have something important on your mind, you start shutting people out. You know, Harry. We're your friends. We can help with whatever's bothering you. We really care." She looked at him with a mother-like sympathy and unconditional love.
Ron casually pulled off a turkey leg and bit into the juicy meat.
Harry's eyes were still glued to the book regardless. He was barely reading in full detail due to his lack of rest at night. When he finally looked up at them, they eyed him with looks of surprise and somewhat pity. Harry did look horrible. He hadn't gotten much sleep ever since that little encounter with the ex death eater. In reality, he wouldn't even admit to himself what his dreams were filled with. Half of them were exactly the nightmares you'd expect the saviour to have. Voldemort's return, Lucius Malfoy hexing him or something,..
And the others were rather...More personal. More intimate. He shuddered now at the thought of it. It made him feel slightly guilty for even thinking about Draco this excessively, let alone him appearing in his dreams. Naked.

Okay, yeah, it wasn't uncommon for wizards have raging hormones at this age. Harry has had a normal amount wet dreams before. He isn't afraid to admit that, but they were all mostly of unidentified random hands touching him intimately. There was never a face attached to his dreams up until now.
Harry's cheeks were flushed red now. Why did they care so much about every one of his fleeting thoughts?

"Hermione, mind your own bloody buisness." The words slipped out before he could hold his tongue.

Shocked with hurt and anger, Hermione grabbed his heavy book and slammed it closed shut. The sound almost made Ron jump.
"Bloody hell, Hermione," Ron muttered with a mouthful. Hermione ignored him. She eyed the black leather cover of the book. It was one of those textbooks about the history of Dark Arts.
"Harry, won't you just tell us what's on your mind?! I'm so tired of you pacing around and biting your nails and fidgeting in class like some paranoid animal," Hermione flung her hands in the hair in exasperation. "You obviously know something we don't."
Harry gave up. What was the point of denying anymore?

"I saw Lucius Malfoy the other day."

Ron almost spat out his drink.
Hermione stared at Harry as if he's gone mad. But he hasn't. He knew what he saw, as much as he wish he didn't.
Hermione's eyes narrowed and her lips slightly parted in disbelief. "He's in Azkaban, isn't he?"

Harry sighed. "I guess he escaped." He nervously traced his fingers over the carvings on the wooden table. A bunch of initials were carved in that he never took notice of. They were old. It had a bunch of 'this plus that equals heart'. How bored could these kids be?
His zoned out quicker than he thought he did. Hermione's words snapped him right back to reality.
"We need to find Lucius right now and send him back to where he belongs." Her gaze was determined. Ron agreed. Harry didn't say anything.

He had actually been relieved to some degree that Lucius was alive. With all his heart he wanted to throw that cruel pureblood-obsessed man behind the bars. Harry couldn't care less about Lucius. Not a single flying fuck. But he did somewhat give a fuck about his son though, as much as he hated to admit. He did not lust for Draco, in fact, he 'hated' him.
But Harry hated him to the point where he wanted to see him again, just to stare at him and 'hate' him more.

Lucius certainly wouldn't be wandering in the woods alone. Draco must be near. They had a tight father and son bond, which they're probably planning something evil together. Harry felt a small rush of euphoria at the thought of seeing Draco again. The corners of his lips went up.

"Harry? Did you finish?" Ron's voice caught him off guard.
"Huh?"
"The Charms essay, remember? Did you finish it?"
"Oh, right, that. Um,--"

Hermione rolled her eyes and laughed. "Ron, don't bother. He's been smiling sheepishly to himself like an idiot for the last few minutes."
Ron laughed. "He looks as if someone just gave him the love potion. Remember in my sixth year? Merlin, Lavender brown was a disgusting little..."

The rest of Ron's little chit chat tuned out again to Harry. He had more important things on his mind. He just couldn't focus. As much as he wanted his friends to be there, he felt the urge to go back to the forest alone.

Maybe he just wanted to see for himself if Draco would be there.
It's so I can bust his pathetic plan, or whatever the fuck he's planning. He's lurking somewhere. Out there. And I'll find him.

Not that he fancied him, of course not.
That would just be beyond insane.

...