Chapter four

All Bob could hear was giggling coming from the living space. He groaned, got up and peaked round the corner to see Mark and Jack having a tickle fight. He chuckled and rolled his eyes. Mark smiled, laying on the couch, Jack (who was sat on top of him) blushed and looked really shy.

Bob walked forward and sat on the couch opposite, Jack immediately climbed off Mark and ran his hand through his hair a few times, looking away. Mark felt sad and sat up too, he stretched and grabbed Jack again who squirmed and tried to get away. After a few minuets of Bob and Mark laughing and Jack struggling he gave up and just sat in Mark's lap and sighed.

"Victory!!"

Yelled Mark. Bob looked concerned. He whispered to Mark, before getting up and leaving.

"He genuinely looks sad, take him for a walk and talk to him."

Mark sighed and nodded. He scooped up Jack and stood up, set him down and sighed.

"You OK Mark..?"

Jack asked, his gentle Irish accent hinting sadness.

"Yeah I guess... C'mon, were going for a walk."

"Oh... We are?"

Mark nodded and gave Jack one of his hoodies, Jack slipped it on but it was too big for him, he didn't mind, it smelt like him, Jack liked it, Mark smiled and walked him out the door after leaving everyone a note.

~~~

Jack and Mark sat in a field together. Mark had his arm around Jack. He seemed distant.

"Jack I... I.."

Jack looked towards Mark but he had turned away.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry.... About everything that's happened to you... I didn't mean to scare you yesterday, I just..."

Mark looked extremely frustrated. Jack smiled sympathetically and shuffled closer to Mark.

"Ye don't have t' be sorry, Mark."

"Jack if there's anything you want to talk about.... Anything at all... You can talk to me. I'm shit at helping people but I can try"

"T'anks Mark... Actually t'ere's one t'ing...."

Mark looked down at Jack and began to soothingly play with his hair.

"Yes?"

"Why do ye act so lovingly t' me... I mean.. T'e tickle fight earlier... Now when we're cuddling and yer playing with my hair and stuff..."

Mark tensed, unsure of weather to answer or not.

"I uhh.... Well.. The thing is... I'm... I'm ga..."

He looked really nervous.

"I'm gay..."

Mark eventually said, he thought Jack would find it gross but to his amazement he smiled.

"It's alright Mark... I am too."

Mark looked shocked.

"You are??"

Jack nodded.

"In my old school... Everyone took t'e piss out of me for it. I came out to my best friend and he told everyone... The teachers found out so I wasn't allowed to get changed wit' t'e boys for PE. Nor was I able to get changed wit' t'e girls... I had to get changed in the storage cupboard... I had to sit at the back of the class facing the wall... Everybody hated me.."

Mark almost teared up, he put Jack on his knee and hugged him as if he were a teddy. Jack giggled then pestered on

"So.. Why with all t'e lovey dovey stuff..?"

Mark sighed again.

"The thing is Jack... I like you... Hell I love you... And I want to be with you.."

"But.... Mark... We've only known each other for a day..."

Mark rolled his eyes, spun over so he was on top of Jack and leaned in. Jack's breathing became heavier, sure he liked Mark but this was too soon. Mark lent in further, Jack could feel his warm breath on his face. He gulped and closed his eyes, feeling his anxiety rising. Jack wimpered making Mark stop and open his eyes, he saw how scared Jack was and sat up and before he knew it, Jack got up and ran as fast as he could, away from Mark. He was shocked. Mark griped his shirt where his heart was and let tears spill down his face and onto the dry soil. So this is what it's like to have a broken heart. Love really does hurt.

~~~

Jack ran. He just ran, he always ran, eventually he slowed to a stop and drop to his knees.

Felix was out on a walk, because why not. He was walking by a field and looked out at the view, but he wished he hadn't. There he saw Mark, he was on all fours and it looked like he was having a heart attack. Where was Jack? Getting help? Felix immediately ran to Mark and dropped to his knees.

"MARK BRO, YOU TO OK???!!??!"

Mark shook his head. Felix was going to call an ambulance when Mark spoke up.

"I've screwed everything up... Jack hates me now..."

He punched the ground.

"GOD DAMMIT!!!! .... why am I such an idiot!"

Felix sighed he wasn't having a heart attack.

"Dude what happened though. I mean something must have happened for Jack to just leave like that."

"I... I tried to kiss him."

Felix laughed and Mark glared, he soon realised that he wasn't joking and looked shocked.

"Bro your gay? And you've only known him for a day!"

"I know... I just..."

Mark stood up, wiped his eyes and started walking.

"Forget I ever said anything."