Chapter Nine

I clenched my teeth as Sam continued to glare at me over the dinner table. She was angry with me. Not that, that was anything new. But this time I deserved it

What I pulled on her in the hallway wasn't...smart. I regret it even. I had an opportunity and a played myself. Convinced myself I didn't need to sleep with her.... and that I was delusional for even considering it an option. The truth is I was delusional for thinking either of those things. I can't resist her curvy hips, sexy attitude, and easy temper.

There was something about how easy she got angry that just got my testosterone going crazy.

She was also one of the only person that got to me. She made me lose what I took the most pride in. My self control. "I'm sensing some tension between the two of you," my mother said as she bit into a stalk of asparagus. Me and Sam looked at her, looked at each other, and then looked back at her.

"Tension? What tension?" I said the same time she said, "tension? What's that? I have no idea what you're talking about."

We looked at each other again. Then back at her.

"You two aren't very good at hiding your steamy make out sessions," my mother said smiling. I choked as a piece of my roast caught in my throat. I quickly chased it down with water.

"I'm sorry? Make out sessions?" I asked glaring at my mom. "Oh don't play innocent with me child. I know who you lost your virginity to," my mom threatened. "What?!"

Sam tried to hide her laughing but failed miserably. "It was Melissa Melville, you were sixteen she fifteen. It happened in your bedroom," my mom stated sipping her wine. "How do you even know that!" She laughed, "I'm your mother it's my job to know. And you thought me and your dad were out of town but we came back a day early. Anyway! I think you two should date."

I shook my head and Sam declared no quickly.

"Gavin, you're a young man. But you're almost thirty. I hope...hope everything is okay down their."

"What? Yes everything is- I'm not having this conversation with you. Nope. It ain't happening," I declared pushing away from the table but not standing up. She raised her arms in a surrender like gesture. "Okay, okay. But if you need any help you're father has some Viagra in our bathroom-"

"That's good to know but mom I don't have erectile dysfunction," I snapped, blush rising into my cheeks.

"Do even still have a...you know. Sex changes are very common nowadays. I will accept you Gavin, it's okay. Or are you gay because that's okay too," she said softly. Sam smothered her laughing with her hand her eyes tearing with humor.

"Holy fuck. Ma, I don't have erectile dysfunction, I'm not a transgender, and I am not gay," I declared reaching for my beer. My mother rolled her eye's. "What about you Sam? You're a limber young woman. Beautiful," my mom asked. "Just haven't found one worth my time," she said. "Well at least she's honest," my mom said glaring at me.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight mother. Sam."

I grabbed two more beers and brought them up to my room. I was bone tired. I wanted to sink into my mattress and never leave.

I sat on my bed and slipped my boots off. Then someone knocked on my door. Jesus mother Mary of Joseph. "Come in," I called out setting my boots aside. "First, I wanted to apologize on behalf of your mother. She's very bold," Sam said looking at her finger nails. I nodded, "and opinionated."

She laughed and nodded. "What's the other thing you came up here for?" I asked, disappearing into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"For this," she said wrapping her arms around my waist as I picked up my toothbrush. I froze and turned toward her. Before I could say anything her mouth was on mine. Taking. I let out a suprised groan before I placed my hand on the back of her neck and kissed her back. Her hands reached into my hair and I pushed her against the tile wall, leaving no space between us.

I pulled her leg up around my waist. "Gavin," she whispered against my lips. I trailed kisses down her jaw to her neck.

She pushed me away and ripped my shirt off over my head. "That tattoo is so fucking sexy," she said rubbing her hand along it. I smiled, "can you admire it later? I really want to finish undressing you." She laughed and nodded pulling off her own shirt. "Bedroom," I stated. We stumbled awkwardly onto the bed and finished peeling our clothes off.

~~~~~~~

When I woke up the bed was empty. I sighed figuring that would happen overnight.

"For a man suffering from erectile dysfunction you sure do perform well," I heard Sam say from behind me. I laughed and crossed my arms behind my head. "And for a man with no dick," I added. She nodded and laughed clutching her stomach.

"That is true." She walked towards the bed and leaned over me. I smiled dangerously and reached for her but she pulled away teasingly. "Sam," I warned but she only giggled. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her over until she lay on the bed next to me. She laughed and hid her face in my neck as I tickled her. "Stop," she begged laughing harder. Her red hair fanned out over her pillow as I layed one on her. "God, you're beautiful," I said softly. She blushed and hid her face.

"I have to go check on your dad," she mumbled, scooting out of bed.

I sighed as she walked out the door. I sat up and pulled on some basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I ran a hand through my hair as I jogged downstairs.

"He's still asleep Carla...."

"Well wake him Marjorie! I want to see my nephew!" I squeezed my eyes shut as I had an 'oh shit' moment. "Carla-"

"I'll go do it myself then!"

I rounded the corner into the living room as my Aunt turned for the stairs. Her eyes widened as her large body ran towards me. "Gavin," she squeeled wrapping her arms around me. I looked over her shoulder at my mom. She smiled painfully.

"Oh I missed you dear boy," she said in her high pitched squeaky voice.

"Hey Aunt Clara. It's been awhile," I said as I pulled away from her. She nodded slowly. "You smell like sex Gavin."

I turned red and my mother laughed happily. "Did you do that little redhead that walked into your father's room?" Aunt Clara asked nosily.

I groaned and face palmed.