Still Missing

One Year Later.

It's early morning in Brookhaven. The small streets are quiet with nothing but trees, asphalt, and a lamppost filling them. The lamppost has a flyer on it with a picture of Olivia and the words "Still Missing" written on it. A hand covered in a black glove reaches out takes the flyer off the lamppost and holds it there staring at it.

************************************

Annie sits in her room watching the news on TV.

"And today marks the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Olivia Brooks." Said the news reporter. "Olivia was best known for being one of the last direct relatives of the founding family of Brookhaven."

"Hey Annie have you seen my lacrosse equipment?" Annie's younger brother Jonah asked as he walked into her room. He notices the TV and Annie's remorseful face. "You don't have to watch this you know."

"I know." Annie said. "I just might as well. I mean there's no way to avoid it. I'll still have everyone looking at me so I might as well confront the awkwardness."

"You know you don't have to go to school tomorrow if you don't want to. You can ditch, I'll ditch with you."

"No it's fine. I'm fine."

"Hey, can you drop me off to practice?"

"Yeah, sure. And check the box in the kitchen I think it has your lacrosse stuff in it."

"Oh, ok thanks." Jonah leaves and Annie stares at the picture of Olivia that fills the screen.

************************************

Sophia is sitting in her living room looking through college brochures when Grant walks down the stairs in his police uniform.

"Moring." Says Grant.

"Good Moring." Sophia replied.

Grant walks over to Sophia and kisses her on the top of her head.

"So whatcha doin'?" Grant asked.

"Just looking through some classes I can take at Brookhaven Community."

"College? Last time I checked you had to graduate high school before you do that."

"Well not exactly, you see I took some classes in summer school so I could be ahead of the game."

"Wait, so what grade are you in now?"

"Well technically I'm a sophomore in college."

"So why are you still going to high school?"

"Because I still have to take electives and AP English."

"You're too smart. You know you're the reason why mom and dad hate me, right?"

"Hey, know one told you to go to police academy. And mom and dad hate everyone."

"That's true. But I still think you should be enjoying you last day of summer, not searching for the perfect college for pharmaceutical care."

"What's there to do as you can tell I have no life outside of pharmaceutical care."

"I don't know, do anything just make sure it's legal."

"I'll think about it. Hey, shouldn't you be going to work?"

"No I have some time to kill." Grant sits on the couch next to Sophia and turns the TV on. And the same picture of Olivia is on the screen. Grant turns the TV off and looks at Sophia's face full of grief.