I Don't Know You Anymore

Annie's frozen looking down at her phone outside of the school.

"It's nice to meet you Annie." Charlie said extending his hand for a handshake.

Annie puts her phone into her bag and takes his hand.

"Hi, Charlie." Annie said trying to hold back her distain. They shake for a second then Annie snatches her hand away.

"Charlie come on we're all going to theatre, walk me." Beth said taking his hand.

"Okay." Said Charlie.

"Come on guys." Beth said as she started walking leading them inside.

*************************************

Sophia, Annie, and Will walk into the theatre classroom and sit down next to each other. Beth walks in close behind and kisses Charlie goodbye.

"I love you." Said Beth.

"Uh, love you too." Charlie said halfheartedly. Charlie quickly glances over at Annie then walks away.

Beth walks over to rest of the guys and sits next to Annie.

"So how long have you and Charlie been dating?" Annie asked.

"Almost a year." Beth answered.

"Oh." Said Annie trying her best to hide the disappointment she felt. Of course she'd find the perfect guy and he'd already have to perfect girl who just so happened to be Beth.

"Why?" Asked Beth.

"Uh...just...wondering." Annie answered slowly. She's a terrible liar.

Connor walks up to them with Makayla James, a cool kind of alternative girl. She's quiet and sweet. She fades into the background like Connor. They're a perfect match.

"Well look who decided to take a break from sulking and complaining about how real music's dead" Beth said to Connor.

"Hi Annie." Connor said ignoring Beth.

"Hey." Said Annie.

"I'm glad you're back."

"Thanks."

"So who's your friend, and why haven't I met her?" Beth asked Connor.

"This is Makayla, and do you really have to ask?" Connor answer.

"Well hi Makayla." Said Beth.

"Hi." Said Makayla.

"So Makayla, are you and Connor really just friends?" Beth asked adding her personal brand of awkwardness to the conversation.

"Okay we're leaving, bye Annie." Said Connor.

"Bye." Annie says before he walks away with Makayla.

"Wow Beth, you even manage to scare girls away." Said Will.

"Shut up." Said Beth.

"Annie!"

Annie turns around and sees Braydon Thomas.

"Hey!" Annie pulls Braydon into a hug. Braydon's a nice kid, he's sweet, loyal, gay, and has a cute puppy dog face that will guide you through your hardest times. Annie breaks the hug. "You guys remember Braydon right?" Annie said the the rest of the gang.

"Hey." Braydon waves.

Beth and Sophia say "Hi." but Will is silent.

"Hi Will." Braydon says noticing.

"Hey." Will says passively.

"So what I don't even get a text from you?" Braydon asks Annie.

"I know I was just really busy you know unpacking my life and everything." Annie replies.