America's P.O.V

I open my eyes slowly, squinting as I'm greeted by the bright light again. I hear a chair scraping against the floor and soon see Maxon's face. I smile slightly. When I closed my eyes at the party I thought it was the last time I would ever see his face. I can feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I'm not sure if it's from the pain in the stomach area or just from the happiness of seeing him. He wipes some of my tears away. "Oh how I've missed seeing your eyes. Your smile. Don't you ever leave me."

"I won't I promise." My voice comes out a little hoarse from not talking in I don't know how long. He leans down towards me and kisses me as if I'll break if he touches me anymore. I know then that it isn't just him that keeps me together but I keep him together too.

He smiles at me, "I'll go get the doctor. He can get you comfortable and we'll see how long until I can call you America Schreave." He frowns suddenly. "If you still want to that is."

"It's got a nice ring to it. I guess I can put up with you for it." He smiles widely. "Oh I've missed you." He quickly runs out of the room and I'm left with the beeping of my heart rate monitor and the sound of my own breathing. I look around as best as I can while laying down. It looks like all of the other hospital rooms in the palace. I look to the side of the bed where there is a small table. There's a sketch book laying on it and I know right away that it's May's. Oh May. I wonder how she's reacting to all of this. She just lost her father and then almost me. She would always have Gerad and Mom at home. But she always told me everything.

I look up slightly as I hear pounding of feet on the tile floors. May is running through the door with Lucy following close behind. They run up to my bed, hugging me. Not putting too much pressure on my stiches. My mother comes in next tears streaming down her face. I smile at her, showing that I am okay, that she doesn't need to worry anymore. As Maxon comes back in with the doctor, I wonder where the rest of my family is, where Aspen, Marlee, Mary, Anne are. Lucy looks at me sadly as if she knows what I'm wondering. "The rest should be coming soon but Anne will not." I look at her confused. "They haven't found her." I feel the tears coming again. I don't get a chance to wipe them away before I'm wrapped in a hug. Marlee. I hold her tight and cry into her shoulder letting out my sadness over my lost friend.

After the doctor checked everything and left everyone else showed up. Aspen cried when he saw me and hasn't let go of mine or Lucy's hand since he came in. They start to fill me in on what has happened since the attack. As I'm listening I realize that we lost a lot of important people, and our lives won't be the same, but I also realized that everything is going to turn out alright because we all have each other in this mess. And that's enough to keep us fighting. That everyone in this room is enough for me to take on a huge responsibility and make changes that will help everyone. This might not look like every princesses fairy tale but it's mine and I still get my happily ever after no matter what stands in my way.

Omg it's done! Yay! I can't believe I finished. Did you guys like it? I have another story idea. It wouldn't be selection but would guys be interested in reading it? Do you have any other ideas for what I should write next? Well I hope you liked my first story!