Maxon's P.O.V

It has been a two weeks since the rebel attack and I became king. It also has been two weeks since America went into a coma after being shot. The past  two week has been the worst weeks in my life. It  was worse than when my father would hurt me and the worst part, I know it isn't over yet.

The rest of the Singer family had arrived six days ago and someone was always next to America's bed. It was mostly May though. She was there every time I got to get a break from my meetings and every time I would come down in the night to check on America after having a nightmare that she had died in her sleep, May would be sleeping in the chair. I had asked to sleep by America and even tried to, but someone would always come and get me and force me to sleep in my chambers. They always said the same thing You need to rest. You don't need anymore stress. The country needs you. I eventually gave up.

Today is a day I have all to myself. I'm walking to the kitchen to pick up  breakfast before visiting America when I run into a maid. "I'm sorry I should have been watching where I was going your majesty." The small girl said quickly. "Oh no it's no problem." She looks up and I recognize her face and realize that it is Lucy. She goes to walk away when I grab her arm stopping her. "Have you been able to see her?" She shook her head. "No, we have been working on cleaning up." I nod. "Would you care to join me, to visit her?" She looked up at me looking hopeful. "I would love to." I grab my food quickly and walk with Lucy down to the hospital.

When we enter the room Lucy runs over to May and wraps her arms around her. They whisper before Lucy turns and fully looks at America. I see the tears forming in her eyes. I have to be honest but America has becoming paler and her hair doesn't seem as vibrant. I know Lucy noticed how bad  she looks when she starts crying into the bed sheets, hugging one of America's arms. I walk over to her and draw circles on her back, calming her slightly. Since the rebel attack I have gotten better and better with crying women. After a while Lucy calms, and she begins playing with America's hair, untangling any knots or making small braids. She is so gentle and caring, no wonder America loves her so much.

Lucy has to leave after lunch but in her place Marlee comes. She sits next to her and talks to her, as if she were nodding along. I think it's so strange how everyone reacts in a different way. After a while Marlee turns towards me. "How is being King going." I sigh while running my hand through my hair. "Alright, I don't know if I'm doing the right things or if I'm screwing everything up. It's... while challenging." She nods. "I don't know how you do it." I give her a questioning look. "You are a brand new King with no family to help you and the women you love is in a coma. I don't think most people would be able to do it." I shrug. "I've Trained my whole life for this." She nods and turns back to America and sighs.

I must have dozed off after talking to Marlee because when I open my eyes again she's gone and so is May. I look at my watch. 5:00 they are at dinner. I stand up and stretch walking over to America. I push back her hair that is besides her ear. "If you live. I promise, I will never call you my dear ever again."

Hi! I'm sorry that took so long.  I hope you like it and I'll try to get another update up soon but can't make any promises because as soon as I do of course stuff happens.  So sorry for the wait.  I hope you like it though.   Who's pov do you think I should do next?