0.1

I hope this story doesn't flop :/
__

I was awoken to bright àss light in my face, immediately irritating me. I rolled over in my bed mumbling curse words as I readjust my head scarf.

"Ariana, get up I need you to watch your brother." My dad shouts before he opens my door without knocking.

"Why can't Kayla watch him ugh"
I mumble back, still half asleep.
"I always have to watch him." I say raising my head from my satin pillow.

"Did I hear your voice.. talking back to me?" I could tell the question was rhetorical.

"No,dad I'll watch Charlie."
I sigh. I knew I wouldn't be able to get out of watching my 2 year old brother.

"You should happy you get to watch your brother, he's cute."

"Yeah he's mad cute when he screaming his head off when I try and take his toy away. Or when he tried pull my dreads out my head when I hold him."I sarcastically smile.

"Don't get smart with me, little girl." My dad said narrowing his eyes. He turns and leave expecting me to follow.

I follow him to the living room and see my little brother in his play pen laughing at a man sitting on our couch. I see Michael making funny faces at Charlie, making him giggle and clap his hand together. A smile breaks out on my face when I see Michael.

"Hey Charlie!" I walk over to him and he symbolizes he wants me to pick him up. I place him on my hip and start tickling his tummy causing his to giggle.

"Ari" he smiled a half toothless grin, I knew he couldn't say my full name so I let him call me Ari.

"Hey Michael." I smile with a glint in my eyes when I turn around.

I bend over and pick up Charlie from his play pen. The moment he's in my arms he starts to squirm and pull at my dreads.

"Ouch Charlie what the fu- I mean what are you doing." I say after I saw my dad's facial expression. "Smart choice Ariana." My dad said when walking away.

"Papi, can you watch Charlie for a second I need to do something?"

"Ugh stop calling me that, it's weird." He groaned.

"You know you love it. Do you know what it means in Spanish?" I say.

"Yes that's why I find it weird and inappropriate."

"Whatever you say Papi." I hear his groan at the name as I set Charlie in his lap and head to the kitchen.

-------
I want to hurry and start this book. This book was originally a Luke book and I miss it being a Luke book but I don't want his problematic áss in this book so yay Mikey.

I'm gonna use a lot of black culture in this book. And Spanish obviously (well just the word Papi I don't know Spanish.)

But yay for black culture!

I fear this book will flop. I can't decide if Ariana (the main character) will be Keke Palmer or Zendaya when she had dreads idk

[No one be rasict or make petty little jokes about blacks. If so the door is the arrow that take you out of my book :)))))]