It felt like hours. Perhaps it was, since I noticed the light streaming in from the small window getting weaker and weaker. The cold was starting to get to me, since my coat had been ripped apart by Darren.

And also, my need to pee was getting worse and worse. My bladder was burning with the urge to pee, which strengthened my resolve to get out.

The chair was getting weaker. I could feel it getting wobbly already. The legs were starting to shake ever so slightly. I switched from trying to hop on it to shaking it from side to side.

Please. Please break. Someone please call the police. Please save me.

It broke. Finally. It was almost dark by that time. Very little sunlight was in the room, and no lights were switched on. It was almost pitch black, and hard for me to see.

I collapsed in a heap on the pile of wood, where the seat of the chair had broken off it's four legs and everything had collapsed. My hands were still tied together, so I had nothing to break my fall. My head hit the ground with a thud.

It hurt. But, anything was better than being stuck here. I flipped my arms under my bum, to bring the both of my binded wrists in front of me. Then, I used my both hands to pull the gag out of my mouth.

"I hate my life," I murmured to myself when my mouth was free from that disgusting, soggy thing.

My legs were another problem. My two legs were both attached to a broken leg of the chair, and it was almost impossible to get the out. I tried pulling the leg of the chair out, but it didn't budge. Instead, the loose wood went into my skin, giving me splinters.

It was impossible. My wrists were bleeding slightly from the abrasions caused by the rope rubbing against skin, due to too much movement.

Flopping on my belly, I decided that doing the worm to the door was possibly the best thing I could do in this horrible situation.

So, I did.

It was actually quite surprising how easy it was to escape. Where in the world was Darren in the first place? He couldn't be that stupid.. Could he?

When I reached the door, I twisted myself into an awkward yet upright position, and twisted the door knob with adrenaline surging through my veins.

The sight that greeted me was disheartening. My heart felt like it was being crushed and beaten up until it was bruised, as I stared at the man in front of me that was only illuminated by the dull lamp in the darkness.

I felt numb, like my whole body had just stopped working, and I almost didn't feel the tear leaking out from my tear duct.

"You're smart," Darren's voice sounded like it was miles away, "But I'm always one step ahead of you."

He stood over me, his frame casting a dark shadow over me. I struggled to say something, finally settling for, "How could you do this to me?"

My escape had failed horribly.

"That's not the only thing I did," Darren added, smiling gleefully like that bastard he was. He looked to the back of him, and beckoned someone over.

Seconds later, that hulk that had manhandled me a day earlier appeared, with someone else thrown over his shoulder.

He walked over - no, stomped over - and dumped the person on the ground. For a moment, my vision blurred and then my eyes focused on the person, and widened to point where they were bulging out.

"Oh. My," I gasped, "God."

I was staring at Mikaela, her mouth stuffed with the handkerchief. Her arms and legs were all tied up, like how I had been just a few hours before.

Her eyes were wide with fear, and she was trying to make a sound.

"You," I raised my voice, "You bastard!"

"Aw, I thought you needed company. I was just being considerate," Darren could've been an actor; his voice was sympathetic, yet his facial expression was just plain evil. Period.

At that moment, I regretted never asking my mother to send me for self defence lessons. It would have come in handy right now, when I wanted to hit Darren with all my strength.

"You make me sick," I hissed at him.

"I don't really mind." With that, the hulk came at me. Darren took out more rope and duct tape from his suitcase. He passed it to the hulk, which held me down like I was a piece of ham.

Of course, I tried struggling. But, being held down by a possibly two hundred pound man as compared to my hundred and eighteen pounds, I was probably not at an advantage.

As I screamed, and as Mikaela watched me, I was re-tied up. This time, Darren had ordered the man to step up on the use of ropes. I was thrown around as the hulk of the man pulled off my old ropes, and started tying my arms together. This time they twisted my arms around and tied the ropes on even more tightly, so that I was unable to move my arms. They forced my knees to bend, before tying it around so that I was stuck in a kneeling position.

I'd be lying if I said that it didn't hurt.

Surprisingly, Darren didn't gag me, which was extremely weird. I decided not to ask him why.

Darren then picked me up, and carried me in his arms, back into the warehouse. Following closely behind was that man with Mikaela, still trying to make noises. I turned my head at an uncomfortable angle, and saw that her hair was matted to her forehead, and she looked like she had just taken a shower, instead of sweating.

When we were thrown together at the inner most corner of the room, I opened my mouth. "How did you know I was going to escape?"

He laughed. A loud and evil laugh escaped from his mouth. "Do you not remember that I've been for best friend for years? I would know your character, Em," He said.

"Then, how would you know how long I would take to escape?"

"Gut feeling," He smirked.

I snorted. "As if."

Darren glared at me. "Okay, fine. I have cameras installed in here. Everything you've done, I've been tracking everything you've done today," He simply stated.

"You're a sick person."

"I don't really care," Darren snapped at me, as he bent down and grabbed my face roughly in his hand. His fingers squeezed my cheeks so tightly and it felt like my face could deflate.

"You see, I've been monitoring you trying to break out of the place. See that camera there," He forced my face upward and pointed toward a small camera above us. "It has been recording everything for the past twenty-four hours."

His nasty tone made me flinch. "I'll get out of here one day, and you'll be sent back to jail," I promised him that.

Darren laughed. He actually laughed at that. "Darling, do you know what I'll do if you ever try to escape again?"

"I'll take little miss cheerleader over here, and rip her limbs off one by one. I'll kill her in the most gruesome way you can ever imagine, and you will have to watch every single moment of it. You'll watch me as I kill your best friend."

"And I'll do this to every single person that you've loved. I will tear them apart right in front of your eyes." 

~~~

Someone's a little crazy, huh.

Okay, it's been too long since this update, and I really apologize about that.

June to October is really the busiest time of the year for me, because I have to do a lot of things. but rest assured, I'll resume updating again to finish this story.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and none of you guys hate me that much. I'll try to update on Tuesday, but no promises.

Love you guys, and please vote/comment! 300 votes (?)

the qotc is: what is the scariest movie you've watched?