"Doctor, are you alright?" The nurse asked furrowing her eyebrows before the scalpel flew out of the doctor's hand.

"What the hell was that?" Stefan asked in concern before the table of tools fell to the floor as well and I quickly ran into the E.R.

"No—don't touch that." Valerie warned the nurse who knelt on the floor towards the tools. I looked at the heart rates on the machines to see them jump back to normal as Caroline and the babies calmed down. "I think the babies want to stay where they are so they can keep feeding off of Caroline as a source of magic." Valerie stated looking between Stefan and I and I slowly shook my head. "They don't want to be born." She added before Stefan and I looked at each other with worried glances.

-Time Skip-

"What do you mean they don't want to come out?" Caroline asked angrily and full of worry.

"Valerie said they want to stay where the magic is. Right now—that magic is in your blood which, they're getting a steady stream of." Stefan pointed out as I sat in the chair beside her bed and stared out the window.

"So what do we do?" Caroline asked furrowing her eyebrows and shaking her head.

"Well, Valerie's plan is to channel enough magic outside of your body so the babies are drawn to it. That way, they don't resist when the doctor tries to pull them out." Stefan replied and held Caroline's hand in reassurance.

"Funny, I didn't hear one medical word in all of that." Caroline stated in annoyance at the tactic. "Could someone call Bonnie—I feel like she should be here." Care added sighing in defeat and I turned towards her finally.

"I will call her, and I promise—this will all be fine." Stefan reassured Caroline as he eyed me and I slowly sighed turning away again.

"So where's Dr. Valerie now?" Caroline asked raising her eyebrow as Stefan left the room.

"She's getting help." I stated, still staring out the window.

"What do you mean help?" Caroline asked narrowing her eyes at me and I slowly rose my eyebrow, looking at her.

"Uh—Nora and Mary-Louise?" I stated in a sweet voice, more as a question before Caroline scoffed.

"Oh, that is just perfectly reasonable. Putting my life and the life of these babies into the hands of the people who tried to kill me." Caroline stated in disbelief and I slowly at her.

"Care, Stefan and I aren't going to let anything happen to you." I reassured grabbing her hand. "Nothing. I promise." I added giving her a smile before she took a deep breath out, nodding her head in agreement.
~~~

"Phesmatos sequitos in lucema infantesi mortuous. Venis ad vitir. Venis ad essendier. Factuo partis viventia." Beau, Mary-Louise, Nora and Valerie chanted as Stefan and I waited outside of the E.R.

"What do you mean she's surrounded my heretics? You said you were taking care of her." Ric stated angrily into the phone and I sighed in defeat.

"Yeah, and trust me—every possible way you're second guessing me right now, I've already done it." I argued, watching the doctors work on Caroline.

"Listen. I know, that this is totally crazy and not what anyone expected or asked for, okay? But what Caroline is doing for meI am getting to have the family that I thought I lost forever. Please.. Now, you make sure that nothing happens to them. Please." Ric pleaded and I turned and looked at Stefan who slowly nodded.

"I will.. For Jenna and Joe." I replied quietly, hanging up the phone. "I'm going in there." I stated, taking a deep breath and walking into the E.R. I watched the four heretics chant as they surrounded Caroline before I linked hands with Val, bringing myself in. Valerie opened her eyes and looked at me before we smiled at each other. "Phesmatos sequitos in lucema infantesi mortuous. Venis ad vitir. Venis ad essendier. Factuo partis viventia." I chanted along with the four others and closed my eyes.