Just another morning

(This is my first piece of work that is not fan fiction so all criticism is highly accepted)

Elsi woke up breathless, why couldn't the nightmares leave for just one night? 

As she sat in the middle of her bed with the sheets pooled around her hips she wondered what today would bring. Another school day she thought with a heavy sigh and dragged herself out of the bed rubbing her eyes trying to push the sleep away. 

She glanced in the ornate mirror hanging on her wall pushing her tangled hair out of her face and pulled the smile to her lips. The house is quiet this morning she noticed as she walked down the stairs to the kitchen and a glance around showed her that her parents were still sleeping. 

It felt strange the house being still. She shook the thoughts from her head and set about making breakfast instead.

Toast eaten and tea drunk she headed back to her room to dress. Her hair was brushed and pulled back into her signature bun and her school uniform was unearthed from the pile of clothes waiting to be hung. 

Smiling at herself in the mirror she grabbed her satchel and headed off to school. The day was warm with the last traces of winter having melted away. This made Elsi smile as it meant soon the flowers would be growing again.

She was pulled by her thoughts by a familiar if overexcited shout. "Elsi! Wait up i need your clever head!" Shaking her head at the poor english she turned to face her best friend Danielle.

"Hey babe so I have a question?" These were dreaded words in Elsi's mind as only Dani could come up with the most beautifully random and sometimes just plain weird questions she asked. "what is it this time?" the brunette grinned.

"If seal babies are called pups then does that make a seal a breed of dog?" Elsi stopped in her tracks and stared at her frankly a bit special best friend. "No... no it does not..." She stated blankly trying to keep her laughter down at the absurd question.

Grinning Dani looped her arm through the gently laughing brunettes and started dragging her down the street. "Okay then nerd, come on we don't wanna be late. I think mister Pearson might kill us if we are!"

(I know the first chapter is short but opinions?)