"Hi." I said, the only reasonable response to him. Parker gave his mom a look.

"Oh. Right! I'm gonna make some pie!" I felt giddy at that thought. I had to stay here now. She left the room to the kitchen and I sat on the couch, motioning Parker to sit by me.

"What's up?" He said.

"Um well, long story shirt my mom and I fought and I need to stay somewhere for a couple hours to a couple days. Depending on when she leaves or when my dad comes home..."

"Care to explain why?" He asked and I told him. He at least deserved to know why I needed him. The entire time he just looked pissed off.

"And now I'm here, she wants me to marry a guy three years older than me that I've never met."

"That is ridiculous! You should have the choice to decline! So what if they're company needs this? You have a choice in your life!" I couldn't help but grin. "And you can stay here as long as you need. We can sneak into your house later if you need to stay overnight and we can grab some of your belongings." This time I hugged him.

"Thank you so much, Parker. You have no idea how much I need this." I whispered. He rubbed my back soothingly.

"No problem, shorty." He whispered back. I took in his scent. He smelt like sweat and man. I pulled away.

"Ok ew why do you smell so bad?" I asked.

He laughed. "I was working out before I took a nap then my mom scared me about the whole marriage thing when I woke up." I giggled.

"Oh. Well take a shower! I'll call my dad and ask if he's coming home tonight. Okay?" He nodded. I kissed him on his cheek and he left to probably the bathroom. I texted my dad.

<ARE YOU COMING HOME TONIGHT?>

Two minutes later. <NO, SORRY, PRINCESS. STAYING IN MIAMI TILL MONDAY. SEE YOU THEN. XOXO> I sighed and turned of my phone. Twenty minutes later Parker was out and dressed, smelling much better.

"So my dad is coming home Monday."

He nodded. "Okay, and today is what? Wednesday? Lets get your stuff around midnight. Your mom should be asleep by then and since she just got home I doubt she's going anywhere."

"Okay sounds good."

"Hey mom!" He shouted towards the kitchen.

"Yeah, sweetheart?" She shouted in response. I bit back a laugh because Parker was no sweetheart.

"Tess is staying over till Monday. That's alright, right?"

A pause.

"Yeah that's fine! Set up the guest bedroom for her!"

"Okay!" He looked at me and grabbed my hand. "Come on, shorty."

"Yeah. Ok, sweetheart." I winked at him. He looked furious.

"If you tell anyone..." I laughed. Memories of him sucking the face off of that whore came back to me.

"Listen, about last night at the club, I wanted to say-" I cut him off.

"Don't. Just don't. We aren't an item, hell we don't even have feelings for each other. I just forgot that you are 'Parker Rivers: the town bad boy.' It was just a shock. Don't worry, sweetheart." I winked, hoping to ease the tension.

He looked taken aback by my words instead. Almost hurt, but the look went away instantly. He smiled. "Okay, shorty. Now I need a new nickname that will drive you even more insane than shorty does. I'll think of one." We both laughed. Glad there's no awkwardness. We stopped walking at the door by his room. We walked in to see a small yellow room with a bed with a matching bedspread. It was a cute room. It had paintings of the ocean and had an adjoining bathroom with the next room over, Parker's obviously.