Chapter 3 - "That sounds like a bet..."

Start from the beginning

Marcel knew Louis was an asshole, he wasn’t in denial about it, he even felt how shitty Louis could be on his own body when Louis was bullying him, basically using Marcel as a nerdy, personal punching bag. Louis hated Marcel; he even said it, so why did he save Marcel from Zayns beating? Why did he do the work without snapping at Marcel?

If Marcel wouldn’t have seen it, he probably wouldn’t believe it.

“Marcel, I’m home,” Anne’s voice echoed from the hallway and a second later the black-haired woman entered the living room. She smiled at Marcel as she put down her purse. “How was school?” she asked her daily question.

“It was good,” Marcel said, actually telling the truth this time, his gaze still fixed on the TV.

“Sounds good,” Anne replied. “I was going to order take out, I’m not in the mood to cook today,” Anne then said, picking up the flyer of the local pizzeria. She unfolded it before she looked over to her younger son. “Do you want anything?”

Marcel looked up and nodded. “I’d take a pizza with nothing but cheese,” Marcel answered. Anne nodded in response and picked up the phone before she walked out of the room to order.

~

[The next morning]

“You know you have to tell me my victim soon or else the bet is unfair,” Louis pouted as he hopped out of Zayns car and slammed the door. Zayn shot Louis an angry glare for slamming the door before he smirked.

“You will get to know soon,” Zayn assured Louis as he shouldered his bag and stepped into the school, Louis on his heels like a little slave.

Louis rolled his eyes as he entered the combination to his locker and pulled open the door, Zayn leaning against the locker that was located next to Louis, eying his every move.

Louis grabbed his chemistry book and stuffed it into his bag as he squinted at Zayn. “I hope you’re not thinking of anything evil, I will slash you in your sleep,” Louis threatened and Zayn lifted his hands as if he was signaling Louis that he was coming in peace, an innocent smile plastered on his lips.

“I could never think of anything evil just to have a good laugh,” Zayn said, but then he pretended to think a second before the innocent smile was replaced with an evil smirk. “Oh yes, I do.”

“You’re a bastard,” Louis sneered as he closed his locker door with a loud bang and shouldered his bag, walking away from Zayn without waiting for him to follow, they’d have different classes now anyway.

~

Marcel was even more confused as he stepped into school and walked past Zayn without the raven-haired boy even lifting his head for Marcel. Marcel explained it to himself by saying Zayn simply didn’t notice Marcel, but either way he was glad to get away without the morning beating he would normally receive.

He pushed up his glasses as he walked into the chemistry lab. He sat down on his usual seat and looked at the teacher who just entered the room. He carelessly threw his bag onto the table before he clapped his hands and simultaneously cleared his throat, instantly getting the class’ attention; all the heads snapped to the front, thirty pairs of eyes looking at him.

“Now that I have your attention,” Ms Smith said with a smirk playing on his lips. “Get out a sheet of paper and a pencil, I’ve got a little surprise test for you,” he announced and everyone but Marcel groaned.

Marcel was always prepared for any exams and tests, the fact was that Marcel was ahead in the stuff they did at school since he had nothing better to do than study in the afternoon, he actually liked studying, he had no problem memorizing things, it was like he was born to study, no matter or ridiculous that might sound.

Marcel was a nerd after all, nothing less and nothing more, just a nerd.

~

Zayn dumped down next to Louis at their table in lunch and Zayn looked at Louis. “It wasn’t nice to abandon me this morning,” Zayn said, pouting playfully and Louis rolled his eyes but laughed anyway.

“I’m so sorry, I hope you can forgive me, I wouldn’t survive you being mad at me,” Louis said sarcastically and Zayn decided to ignore that comment and smirked. “Wanna know who I picked for you?” Zayn now said, gaining Louis full attention.

“Spit it out,” Louis said but Zayns smirk just grew as Louis followed his friends gaze and looked at the person he was looking at.

Marcel was sitting at a table in the back of the cafeteria. He repeatly pushed up his glasses as his eyes were fixed on the book he was holding in his hand. Louis couldn’t see what book it was, but it most likely was a book for school and Marcel was most likely learning right now.

Louis looked back at Zayn, his ocean-blue eyes widened. “No,” Louis whispered shocked, but Zayn smiled. “Exactly, I’m glad you got my hint,” Zayn said happily before he opened the bottle of coke he was holding and took a sip.

“Come on, anyone but him,” Louis tried to beg, but Zayn shook his head. He swallowed the coke before he spoke. “It’s a bet, it was my condition that I get to choose the person, and do you really think I’m going to give you a person that would happily fuck you in a second?”

“No,” Louis replied, sighing in defeat. He looked over to Marcel and looked back to Zayn, thinking about how in the world he could make that plan work.