He's gorgeous. His brown curls frame his face, and his brown eyes sparkle. I know who he is, well I've saw him before when I watched the reapings. That's where I'm familiar with him. But I forgot his name. "Oh, you're Lana from District two, right?"

I nod. "That's me," I smile. He holds out his hand and I shake it.

"I'm Triton. District one." He introduces with a warm, heart stopping smile. I really want to kiss him right now.

"Cool." I reply awkwardly. He laughs slightly, but grins.

"Where are you heading, Ana?" He asks. My eyes widen. "Oh, well, sorry. I was just thinking I could make a nickname for you." He adds, earning a nod from me.

"Okay. And I'm heading to the training center. I just have to blow off some steam." I explain.

"Actually, I think I'll join you." He says.

"O-okay." I stutter nervously. I walk into the training center, and take in my surroundings.

There are stations everywhere. Knives, spears, arrows, knots, fires, tridents, edible foods, survival skills, camouflage, hand to hand combat, swords, and axes.

Wow.

"So, which weapon do you use?" He asks. I blush in embarrassment, not meeting his gaze.

"I don't use any. I haven't trained, and I can barely use a knife. I know it's pathetic, I'm a disgrace to District two," I sigh, letting a lone tear roll down my cheek. Triton lifts my chin up so I'm looking him in the eyes.

"You're not a disgrace to anyone. You're a career, and I intend for us to be allies. I will help you train until you feel comfortable with at least two weapons." He says gently. I look into his eyes, and somehow get lost in them. He pulls me into his arms, and hugs me. I'm surprised at first, but embrace him back.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"For what?" He questions.

"For giving me hope." We pull away, and he smiles at me again.

"C'mon, lets go practice." He takes my hand in his as he walks me over to the knives area. "Try throwing this, and hitting the chest on that dummy."

I take the small knife, and nod. I let out a deep breath, and focus. In an instant, I fling the knife into the air as hard as I can. It twirls in the air, and lands right in the middle of the target.

Oh my god.

"Oh my gosh!" I yell in excitement.

"Good job. Try again with a bigger knife." Triton encourages me with a smirk. It's not a 'you can't do this' smirk, it's a 'I knew you could do this' smirk.

I grab the bigger knife, and twirl it around on my finger. I let go, and watch it glide in the air, hitting the chest of the dummy, once again.

"Yes!" I yell in victory.

"Well, since you're good at knives, lets train you with some other weapons. Lets try swords." He says, handing me one as we walk to the different station. "Swords are different. You don't let them twirl, you let them glide. That's how it works. Got it?"

"Yeah. Where do you want me to hit it?" I ask. He thinks for a moment.

"Forehead." He says. I nod. I take a step back, and grip the sword tightly. I breath in, forgetting everything else around me, only letting the dummy wander in my mind. I clench my jaw, and send the sword flying into the forehead of the dummy. To my shock, the dummy's whole head is sent into the wall along with the sword. The sword is struck in the wall, with the head attached in the center of it. I hit the forehead perfectly.

"That's amazing!" Triton says, high facing me. "Well, you've got swords and knives done. Let's see if you can work a trident."

"Okay." I say, walking to the other booth with him.

"This is my weapon choice. It took me a couple of years to finally hit the target, so don't be upset if you can't get it. But first, I'll show you how to use it." He says. I watch closely as he throws the heavy trident into the chest of the dummy effortlessly. He grins steadily at me, and hands me the trident. It weighs me down. I lift it up, steadily, and hurl it at the dummy. I'm shocked to see that I hit the target perfectly.

"Holy shit," Triton mutters in awe.

"YAY!" I squeal and jump into his arms. He chuckles, and wraps his arms around my waist tightly.

"Lana?"

Oh god.

I'm so screwed.

_______