s i x t e e n

| " F A M I L Y

| " F A M I L Y . " |

___♔___

The rest of the day reflected upon what I had done. I regretted it- that was for sure. And I couldn't seem to shake my thoughts from my earlier mistake. I'm a murderer.

Everyone took their turns trying to get me to talk, but they all failed. I'm oficially traumatized. I mean- who wouldn't be? I killed two people without hesitating.

After laying down next to Seth and trying to pry my eyes shut, I finally gave up on falling asleep. I make sure that Seth, Bane, Triton, Grace, Jonah, and Laila are asleep before I walk to the opening of the cornucopia to find Raley, my eyes searching the surrounding grounds for the missing girl.

When finally finding her, I jog over to where she sits, looking down expectantly.

"Hey, why aren't you sleeping?" Raley asks, looking up at me. I plop down next to her on the dirt, pulling my knees to my chest. I rest my chin on my knees, and stare into the darkness.

"I can't sleep," I murmer.

"I can't either. I don't know why," She shakes her head with a sigh.

"I still can't believe I killed Nason and Liam. Nason was Laila's District partner, and I didn't even respect that. I just killed him anyway," I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to erase the memory.

"Don't get down on yourself, we all have to kill. It's what you have to do here." She soothes, placing a caring hand on my shoulder.

"I know, but I don't want to be here. I want to go back home."

"Me, too. Who do you have waiting for you?"

"My brothers, Mason and Garret. My parents. My cousins, Apollo and Christiana. And my aunt and uncle," I shrug lightly. "What about you?"

"My parents."

"Is that it?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Okay, okay. I have a boyfriend back at home. His name is Cody, and he's eighteen." She chuckles.

"Oh c'mon, give me more details," I whine, a smile lighting up her features.

"I remember when we first met, it was so amazing. I was at the academy, and I was up for hand-to-hand combat. Being my usual self, I was being very cocky with my opponents with the teasing and joking. After beating a few people, Cody stepped up to the mat.

"I hadn't known him before that, but he was hot. And that was coming from a seven year old." She pauses to laugh with me, then begins again. "He refused to fight me because I was a girl. Every other boy had no problem with fighting me, but he was such a gentleman, and stepped down. After that, we just sorta clicked.

"We were friends until I turned fifteen, then he asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes, of course. Ever since, we've been dating." She finishes.