Truely Experiencing Life

"One wish. That is all I can give you and nothing more. You have lived life, an honest life. A happy one and now that your life is over, we've decided to give you a second chance. You can live a life of extravagance and money or maybe you'd prefer one of a large family. What ever you wish we will make it happen." The spirit of life waved her hand revealing visions of the possibilities in clouds of green, yellow, and blue smoke.

"I just......I want to kiss someone for real." Becca said looking over all the visions.

"What do you mean?" The spirit asked perplexed.

"Well, I'm not the person I thought I'd be. My life, it was all fake, none of it felt real to me.... and what you are showing me. It's not real either." Becca poetically lowered herself to the clouded floor as if she were a ballerina taking a bow.

"Fuck It." Becca said laying back into the clouds. "It wouldn't matter if I die now."

"I think I know what you need." The spirit of life tossed from her hand a golden powder.

     Becca began falling. Tossing and turning in the air, she couldn't help but scream. She fell on and on and right when she began to wonder when she'd hit the ground a gust..... a gentle breeze lifted her then dropped her to the ground.

"Nice save." Becca shouted to the skies. "Oww" she whispered to herself.

     As if a dancer Becca got up off the ground in a spin. Her dress turning from the old lady pajamas to a raggedy dress. One that looked like at one point it were the gown of a princess but now tattered, muddied, and it's original shine now dulled. Her skin seemed to age backwards the wrinkles slowly fading from her face and regaining the healthy glow she had in her youth. Her hair grew longer in this moment and though it grew it's color still remained it's silvery white. She lost her balance and fell to the ground.

"Huff..." Becca looked up at the sky through her still aged, tired, and blinded eyes.

She can see color and shape yet she wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an orange and a flower. She smiled to herself grasping some dirt in her hand.

"So sweet you claim to be... but I still can't see." She was shouting to the skies again.

But this time, she received a reply as gentle as the wind.

"It is not without purpose. It will guide you well." The voice faded with the wind.

"Great my eyes will guide me" Becca said to her self shaking her head.

     She got up from the ground this time more in aggravation then elegance. She looked around. Wherever she was she couldn't make out anything. It all looked yellow. So, she walked forward one step at a time quickly realizing that she was in some sort of corn field or something because with every step she was getting hit in the face by these incredibly annoying plants. A sound in the distance grew closer. It sounded like a lawn mower. Oh, Shit!!!

"Really? This is what life they sent me into? Ugh.....Fuck You."